Author Topic: Cassandra's Wig Sighting  (Read 631 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Cassandra's Wig Sighting
« on: December 11, 2002, 07:00:27 PM »
Dear Fans,

At home with a touch of flu yesterday, I was watching that phenomenally silly show Gomer Pyle on TV Land (I checked Sci Fi, thinking DS should be back on by now, and they're STILL running back to back X Files episodes sans David Duchovny--what IS the point???).  

Anyhow, it was a 1967 episode where Gomer and Sergeant travel to Washington DC so GP can perform in some military talent show (now there's a scary concept).  The Sergeant's ulterior motive is to reunite with his old flame Rose Pilchek, played by none other than still stunning B movie heroine Allison Hayes.  I was stunned, delighted and thrilled to spot Miss Hayes wearing what I think must have been either the wig used a year later for Cassandra Blair on DS, or the sister to that wig!  It was even "styled" (I use the word loosely) in a manner similar to Cassandra's.  

I checked on IMDB and it appears that these episodes (there was a second part) was Ms. Hayes' last documented appearance on film.  Perhaps the ordeal of having to wear "The Wig" was the last straw in her waning show biz adventure.

Ms. Hayes is best known to some of us as the star of such classics of B cinema as The Unearthly, The Undead, The Hypnotic Eye, Zombies of Mora Tau, and her best known role.  Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman!

Gothick