Author Topic: DS, Gilligan's Island, and Star Trek  (Read 749 times)

Offline Mr._Bones

• View Profile
DS, Gilligan's Island, and Star Trek
« on: December 08, 2002, 10:16:03 AM »
What if the characters from 1969 Collinwood played the parts on Gilligan's Island.  Who would play what part?  Here's how I would cast them:

Barnabas - The Skipper
Willie - Gilligan
Roger - Mr. Howell
Elizabeth - Mrs. Howell
Maggie - Ginger
Vicki - Mary Ann
Prof. Stokes - The Professor

You might be able to cast Julia as Gilligan because she became more of a partner to Barnabas than Willie did.  You might also be able to cast her as the Professor.

On Star Trek it would be:

Barnabas - Captain Kirk
Prof. Stokes - Mr. Spock
Julia - Dr. McCoy
Burke - Scotty
Vicki - Uhura
Maggie - Nurse Chapel
Joe Haskell - Sulu
Chris Jennings - Chekov

In addition to the main characters there are those who only appeared in one episode.

On Gilligan's Island:

Adam - Tongo the ape man
Dr. Lang - Mad Scientist Boris Ballinkov who switched the castaways minds and bodies with each other.
Laura - Erika Tiffany Smith (played by Zsa Zsa Gabor in real life)
Matthew Morgan - Wrong Way Feldman

On Star Trek:

Elizabeth and Roger - Spock's mom and dad
David - Child alien who ran a huge starship by himself (played by Clint Howard in real life)
Angelique(Cassandra) - Female Romulan Captain (played by Joanne Linville in real life)
Leviathan Monster - Silicone based monster who terrorized the miners on the Janus 6 colony.

These lists can go on and on and the whole exercise can be repeated with the characters from 1795, 1897, 1840, PT, etc.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS, Gilligan's Island, and Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 05:16:54 PM »
I can just picture Barnabas smacking Willie on the head with his fedora!  And anytime Barnabas would get staked, he'd make that Oooop! noise the Skipper made whenever he got hit in the stomach by Gilligan.  Two character changes I would make would be:  Maggie:  Mary Ann; Carolyn:  Ginger.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Gerard Wrote:

Two character changes I would make would be:  Maggie:  Mary Ann; Carolyn:  Ginger.

That's exactly how I though too Gerard!  I could definetely picture the spoiled rich Ms.Carolyn Stoddard as Ginger anyday.  And Maggie being more down to earth as the girl next door could very well fit MaryAnn's character as well.

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"