Author Topic: (**3 BONUS SCENES-See reply #39**) Ghost Hunters go to Collinwood!  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Hunters go to Collinwood!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
Damn, I should've known someone else would've beat me to the news! Haha.

But like I always say, Brandon, it's better to have it posted more than once than not at all.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »
Oh  how  cool  is that!   Thanks for the  info  Borgosi.
                             Love Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
socialnimf Amy Jay
Ghost Hunters sneak peek video of 'Dark Shadows': Trust me, there is a drinking game in the making here, forget ... http://bit.ly/op7bOe
5 hours ago

And that whole quote is: "Trust me, there is another drinking game in the making here, forget about taking a shot every time someone says 'Did you hear that?' The crazy train will get you there much quicker!"  [ghost_grin]

lmerwin Laura Merwin
Ghost Hunters sneak peek video of 'Dark Shadows' | masslive.com http://www.masslive.com/television/index.ssf/2011/09/ghost_hunters_sneak_peek_video_10.html Get out the shot glasses, I'm sure it'll be craaazzyyy!
3 hours ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »
Starfall1969 Debra Lerew
@AdamJBerry I CANNOT WAIT to see tmrw nite's episode!!! I loved Dark Shadows, & I almost climbed into the TV when they showed the preview!
59 minutes ago

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 11:07:22 PM »
The trailer suggests a whole lot of nothing happens, if the most exciting thing they could come up with was some girl giving a little shriek because a door slammed.

This has the potential to have some great images of our favorite house, but I am afraid the photog will wind up being the usual sick-making swirl-and-jerk through the ringer merry-go-round on speed expected, seemingly, by today's audiences.

Excuse the snark,

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
I don't expect them to find anything. I will be watching to see which rooms they say are "haunted" so I can make my own search when I return in a few weeks. Even if they find nothing I will enjoy seeing a house I know as well as I do that house on TV. I have talked to Denise Carey about the house being haunted, my next visit I want to check out the rooms where she has seen/heard things. I hope to see something that I can not explain. As for "Ghost Hunters" we're all just have to wait and see.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip!! My DV-R is set! "Something" will probably happen, but I'm on board with the drinking game MB!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »
I don't expect them to find anything.

They've made claims of finding things. Who knows? But it'll be interesting to see how the show plays out...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »
I'm totally fascinated by "ghost hunting," while at the same time I'm totally skeptical about their existence (and I've done a few "ghost-bustings"), and that's what I like about their show.  They actually don't try to engrandize things; they go a supposedly haunted place and try to disprove all the claims and in many, if not most, cases, they do just that.  They do not use "sightings," or "soundings," including their own, as proof.  If it isn't fully and clearly recorded, it's not evidence.  The ironic thing is that on most of their shows, they come up with virtually nothing and declare a place "not haunted."  One would think, with the lack of the sensational, the program would be a bomb (watching them traipse around and end up with nothing concrete, or even exciting, shouldn't be an audience-grabber).  But I think it's because of their skepticism of a claim and their thoroughness, mixed with the rare, occasional recorded happenings (such as the sliding folding chair in the attic of that famously "haunted" lighthouse) that keeps people coming back for more.  The audience is intellectually challenged, but when that rare "proof" is there, it's a shock.  It's like a good horror or scary movie becomes a success.  If stuff is shown all the time, it becomes blase.  If nothing is ever shown, even in a small glimpse, it's pointless.

Is our "Collinwood" haunted?  I doubt it.  Let's face it - other than college students behaving like typical college kids, nothing "horrific" ever happened there.  So why should it be haunted?

Gerard

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »
If I'm given a choice, when I die I plan to go to Seaview. So, even if it isn't haunted now, it will be.

I hope they do find something so I can look for it next time I'm there.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
when I die I plan to go to Seaview. So, even if it isn't haunted now, it will be.

[ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
People are tweeting left and right about this today. There can't possibly be anyone who follows DS on Twitter who doesn't know about the show tonight. Though what will really be interesting to see is what people will tweet about the show after it's over.  [ghost_wink]

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 03:43:37 AM »
It was interesting to see the modern Seaview interior and exterior--primarily the foyer and tower room.  But the program as a whole I found boring and insufficient to draw my full attention--they walk around, hear and feel things that the audience doesn't for an entire hour.  The scariest part for me was the asbestos in the basement, which made me also wonder if there might also be toxic mold spores, lead paint, or other realistic horror for this couple to deal with in trying to restore the mansion. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »
I'm not a big "Ghost Hunters" fan but I loved the show. I know the house inside and out because I visit them twice a year. I just enjoyed seeing the house and friends of mine on TV. Do I think the house is haunted? If Denise and Chris say they saw those things then I believe them, I just wish that I could.

I've spent hours in that basement and I don't believe there is anything dangous in it.