Author Topic: ROUND 2: MPC TO RELEASE DARK SHADOWS MODEL KITS AFTER BEING BURIED FOR YEARS  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
ROUND 2: MPC TO RELEASE DARK SHADOWS MODEL KITS AFTER BEING BURIED FOR YEARS

Back in the day, I really wanted the werewolf kit, but I could never find it. I never wanted the Barnabas kit because I didn't think it looked enough like Frid.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Dear Gawd, the Vampire Van.  We had that one.  I think my sister helped me with the kit because she was much more used to model-building than I was--either that, or our grandfather helped us--I really can't remember.

Somebody finally put a vampire van of sorts into a movie in the early Seventies--Deathmaster with Robert Quarry as a crazed vampire hippie guru.  Far less stylish than the one in the model kit.

G.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
FYI, the model kids are currently listed for presale on Entertainment Earth's site:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Dark+Shadows

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
I couldn't afford the model kits when I was a kid.  I don't think I ever pined for the Barnabas van though.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, no, considering that Barnabas never road around in a van like that - or any van to our knowledge, for that matter. That whole thing was like they were trying to tie together DS and The Munsters or something. Very odd...

Now, if they'd had a car with Barnabas and Vicki in it,[spoiler]the car they were riding it and crashed when Vicki saw Jeff Clark,[/spoiler]that would have made more sense. Or even the car Barnabas was driving when[spoiler]he ran down "Grant Douglas."[/spoiler]

[b003]

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Yeah the van was like DS memorabilia from the cartoon series that never was. Can you imagine Barnabas, Quentin, Carolyn, and Maggie travelling around in that van looking for ghosts?  Maybe they'd meet up with "the Witch" that was part of the Groovy Horror Heads series. The only thing I could think of when I saw that pillow was [spoiler]the old visage that Sam painted onto Angelique in the Dream Curse.[/spoiler]. Those two are the DS collectibles of which I have the least interest.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
That van is too cool.  I want one for Christmas!  Perhaps Barnabas was an honorary member of the Groovie Ghoulies?
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Perhaps Barnabas was an honorary member of the Groovie Ghoulies?

I never thought of it like that.  [ghost_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This is cute:

HermesPress Hermes Press
Photo: Can this cat put Barnabas together??? Probably not, but I can. Stay tuned next week. http://tumblr.com/xzs4gwiaqg
13 hours ago