Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0038  (Read 1963 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0038
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0038
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:58:20 AM »
          WELCOME, DAVID THAYER'S BACK!

NOW it's Dark Shadows!   For the record, his first line: "Lookin' for somethin', miss?"   And for the first time, in this scene... Angelique's music!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »
          WELCOME, DAVID THAYER'S BACK!

NOW it's Dark Shadows!   For the record, his first line: "Lookin' for somethin', miss?"   And for the first time, in this scene... Angelique's music!

Oh, how cool!

Vicky just can’t shut up about the ghosts, can she? 

I don’t know why Burke would want to push Matthew’s buttons. Matthew is not only scary looking, he’s big.

Carolyn is acting like such an idiot, it hurts to watch. (Just a figure of speech. I don’t have volume two of the set. Thank goodness for Robservations and the screen caps. That’s all I have to say.)
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:58 AM »
Matthew is not only scary looking, he’s big.

I don’t have volume two of the set. Thank goodness for Robservations and the screen caps. That’s all I have to say.

Well, NOW Matthew's big.  A glandular thing maybe.   

Sorry the set ended.  I'll be in somewhat the same position somewhere past ep #100, possibly.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
Sorry the set ended.  I'll be in somewhat the same position somewhere past ep #100, possibly.   

Well, I have volumes 3 & 4, so I'll be picking it up at some point. Then after that, it's nothing until episode 400 or something. Bummer.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »
Vicky just can’t shut up about the ghosts, can she?
Vicky just can't shut up about anything, can she?

Is Liz going to slip Matthew a little extra money in return for sullying his good name?  Or maybe bake him a cake?

I got myself a sample of the Rover Boys books on my Kindle.  What I read was better than I expected, though I'm still not persuaded that they would enthrall David.

Liz apparently took a big calculated risk with Vicky when she offered to let Vicky take a look at the basement room.  But what exactly was the risk?  The sobbing coming from there is that of a woman, so the sobber probably not Carolyn's father, though we can't be 100% sure of that - terrible things might have been done to him.  But it's more likely to be David's mother.  I'm not sure that can be squared with the length of time that the sobbing woman has been known to be sobbing, but I'm sure the writers can deal with that somehow.  Maybe Carolyn's father was sobbing down there first, and then was moved to the west wing to make way for David's mother.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
MT, I absolutely agree! With Thayer David on board, NOW we're really seeing Dark Shadows! Matthew is very big and scary indeed and could probably break Burke Devlin in two without noticing it much.

I think Elizabeth knew exactly what she was doing--and exactly what the outcome would be--when she offered Vicki the key to the Locked Room. Otherwise she wouldn't have done it.

I still say the sobbing person is Elizabeth herself, because in Ep. 2 we saw her break down while playing Chopin's C minor Prelude. (Having played that prelude myself, I know it's enough to make anyone break down.)

Nice to know about Angelique's music. I don't have any videos or DVDs, just the Robservations and some summaries I put together for my own amusement back when I actually had time for such things.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
When Carolyn and Vicki meet in the last act, Vicki is actually looking for a bottle of ink to refill her fountain pen. Gone are the days....

Poor Matthew has to take the fall for David. But I suppose he remembers how Elizabeth rescued him from his malodorous job at the cannery.

And poor Carolyn is way out of her depth, isn't she.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »
Vickie is back in the basement.  She's as bad with the basement as Carolyn is with Burke.  Then Matthew appears and reveals that Mrs. Stoddard has the only key to the locked room.  Way to spill the beans and making Vickie wonder even more.  At least one of my questions has been answered.  There are pipes that carry heat thoughout the house, even though, the pipes are nowhere visable nor are the radiators.
The Hall table is shoved in the corner by the stairs.  For as heavy as this table appears, it moves around.  Matthew apparently had some time in between learning he caused Roger's car to crash and threatening to kill Burke to do some heavy work.
There is another room in the house called the Study that is being used, but is unseen.
Carolyn reveals she has heard the sobbing also and the Mrs. Stoddard offers up the key.  Vickie is suddenly no longer curious
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
Love love love Liz's Day #4 hairdo.

Burke orders more coffee and some cream, and instead of refilling, Susie brings two fresh cups, clears away the other ones, and totally forgets the cream.  Wake up, little Susie.

And for the first time, in this scene... Angelique's music!

Good catch!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Wake up, little Susie.
[ghost_smiley]

That's all it takes for a song to go through my head for a couple hours, and the Everly Bros. are especially catchy...

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
Burke was trying to wear Matthew down by suggesting that perhaps Elizabeth MIGHT deserve it...obviously Matthew wasn't going to swallow it. Agree that Burke really shouldn't have been pushing Matthew's buttons like that.

I mean, trying to get Matthew to lessen his devotion to the Collins family is a lost cause, Burke. Face it.

Burke seems to think that all the Collins deserve grief simply because they are Roger's family. Not a very healthy, or fair view of the situation. But sad fact is, there are probably a lot of folks who've been wronged who think they have every right to go after their wrongdoer's family/friends, even if those friends or family had nothing to do with what happened to them.

Matthew was also pretty sore with Vicki for looking through the basement room. Elizabeth wasn't too happy with her about it, either. Though we do learn later on she had good reason for not wanting anyone to snoop through there...