Author Topic: OT>ABC Soaps  (Read 3199 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT>ABC Soaps
« on: November 23, 2002, 01:51:45 AM »
Yesterday, during OLTL, there was a plug for:
"Ever wish your favorite ABC soaps had a certain storyline...well, write in and...."
Which is a great idea....free storyline ideas!

Anywho,,,what if we all wrote in...perhaps an idea:

Victoria Lord Reilly Buchanan Davidson is researching her family, and she comes across a mention of a 3rd cousin, Laura Murdoch Stockbridge Collins.

This naturally piques Vicki's interest (if for no other reason, this chick's got as many names ;D  )

Victoria and Todd :o go to Maine in search of their ince oops ancestors.

Wouldn't it be waaaayyy cool to match Vicki, who's gotta be part Collins with DS?

Hey...they're both ABC soaps :)

Have a good weekend.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: OT>ABC Soaps
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 06:21:24 PM »
I would like to see this storyline. Victoria Lord Reilly Buchanan answers a knock at  the door to a mysterious stranger who claims to be a cousin from England.[vampy]
MM

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 08:53:51 PM »
YES!! That sounds great Maria :)
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 08:49:28 AM »
I haven't watched that soap since my kids
were a toddlers.
I grew up with all the abc soaps,but the kids
wanted to watch their shows so.......
But what a great idea! Victoria Lord Riley
Bucchan being related to Laura would get me to tune
back in :)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 09:13:30 PM »
Hi Julianka, were you watching OLTL when Grayson Hall was on as Euphemia (Bo's "aunt"?)

Gothick

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 09:29:49 PM »
Hi Julianka, were you watching OLTL when Grayson Hall was on as Euphemia (Bo's "aunt"?)

Gothick

Hi Gothick,
No, darn the luck. I didn't know about Grayson being
on OLTL until the last couple of years. Plus didn't
she and some other DS stars do brief roles on
All My Children? I did get to watch Lois Edmunds
on All My Children and that was a treat.
Instead I was watching Sesame Street and Mister
Rodgers!
Julianka

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 09:50:33 PM »
Hi Julianka, Grayson was on All My Children very briefly in March 1973.  I haven't been able to find out how many episodes she appeared in.  Her name is listed in the complete actors credits for the series, though, on a website I visited recently.

Her stint on One Life to Live lasted much longer. I think her first shows were in late August 1982 and her final appearances were around May of 1983.

Louis Edmonds, of course, was on AMC for several years.

Steve

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 10:43:02 PM »
Today since there wasn't any DS(don't ask me why
Sci Fi is running the same old/same old) i watched
Port Charles when the vampire was revealed! the show is actually pretty good and a good "fix" to cure those old no DS blues!
plus i think the mother Elizabeth has  a 1991 DS tie!
also Caleb is a pretty good looking vamp!
i did watch Grayson on OLTL at the time Steve and was pretty excited to see her it was great(been meaning to send you that tape for DB)
OLTL also went back in time once which i'm sure they copied from our favorite show!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 10:56:03 PM »
Gothick Wrote:

Her stint on One Life to Live lasted much longer. I think her first shows were in late August 1982 and her final appearances were around May of 1983.

I was watching OLTL when Grayson was on the show way back when.  The funny thing was that Anthony George (Jeremiah) was also playing on the show, and at the same time, Nancy Barrett had a small part also. One of them initially made a remark about how it felt like a "Dark Shadows" reunion!  It was great seeing them all together again.

Cassandra[/font][/b]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 11:11:00 PM »
Hi Cassandra, It is mentioned in one of the KLS books that when Grayson, Nancy and Tony George were all appearing on OLTL, one script was written that included a scene where all 3 were together.  And reportedly the dialogue included Grayson, or one of them, remarking how long it had been since they had seen one another!

Maybe some day that clip will be included on one of the MPI videos.  I have heard that some sort of legal snafu has kept the OLTL tapes all locked up in copyright hell.

Steve

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 01:57:31 AM »
Today since there wasn't any DS(don't ask me why Sci Fi is running the same old/same old) i watched
Port Charles when the vampire was revealed! the show is actually pretty good and a good "fix" to cure those old no DS blues! plus i think the mother Elizabeth has  a 1991 DS tie! also Caleb is a pretty good looking vamp!
jennifer

I've been watching Port Charles since Caleb first came on the scene with the vampire storyline. Then it had assorted angels, a spirit that walked out of a portrait, and now strange rock music that influences some of the characters.
Caleb drinks this special fluid that keeps his urges in check so maybe Dr. Hoffman left her little red diary lying around the set when she did OLTL.
Elizabeth played Daphne in the 1991 DS series.

carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2002, 05:46:17 AM »
What exactly was Euphemia's deal?  I've only seen two scenes from OTLT.  .one she is talking with some man about her "estate" which she apparently doesn't have anymore.  And the other scene, where she's in a very haute couture turban, plotting in a hotel room with some young hunk over breakfast. . .i take it he's her son or nephew or something.

But i want to know the complete story arch and how she exited. . .
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2002, 10:48:38 PM »
Hi Cassandra, It is mentioned in one of the KLS books that when Grayson, Nancy and Tony George were all appearing on OLTL, one script was written that included a scene where all 3 were together.  And reportedly the dialogue included Grayson, or one of them, remarking how long it had been since they had seen one another!

Thanks Steve for the info. Now, if only I could remember what part Nancy had played.  The other two DS actors I can remember, but I can't seem to recall who Nancy was.  You know, I wish I had taped it (were VCR's out back then?  can't remember)  It would have been a great keepsake now!! :-)

Ya know, another thing I liked about OLTL was that they ventured back into the past just like DS did!  I can remember Victoria (another Vicky?) somehow going back in time on the show to (I think) was the 1800's.
I thought it was great to see a daytime soap opera do this.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 12:06:11 AM »

Thanks Steve for the info. Now, if only I could remember what part Nancy had played.  The other two DS actors I can remember, but I can't seem to recall who Nancy was.  You know, I wish I had taped it (were VCR's out back then?  can't remember)  It would have been a great keepsake now!! :-)

I thought it was great to see a daytime soap opera do this.

Nancy actually played two roles on OLTL.  The first was Rachel Wilson, a terminally ill patient of Dr. Larry Wolek.  Later, she had a recurring role as a district attorney.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2002, 12:30:13 AM »
Hi Julia,

A mutual friend of ours very kindly made photocopies for me of material relating to Euphemia's story from the Soap Opera Digests of 1982-83.  I have read through them a couple of times and I still don't quite understand it (and my name is NOT Vicki Winters), but I'll tell you what I can remember off the top of my head.

One Life to Live is set in this mythical town called Llanview that is pretty much run by the Buchanan family, headed by perpetually scheming patriarch Asa Buchanan.  For reasons that I now forget, Asa's estranged wife tells the son and heir, Bo, that Asa is not his father; his real daddy was a chap named Ralston.  Bo does research and the only Ralston he can find is an elderly, eccentric recluse, Euphemia (Massey) Ralston, played by Grayson.  While visiting Euphemia Bo meets her nephew, and eventually learns that Euphemia also has a daughter, Delilah, with whom she is not on speaking terms. Delilah was played by actress Shelly Burch.  Delilah meets up with another character in the story when she winds up in a jail cell with someone named Viki whose relationship to the whole plot I now forget.

Anyhow, Euphemia eventually comes to Llanview with her secret aim being to destroy the Buchanan family, whom she blames for the Ralstons' loss of glory and prosperity.  I believe one of Asa's shady business deals was behind it all.  Meanwhile, Delilah meets Asa and the two wed.  It gets more complicated from there on out--at one point Euphemia is trying to get hold of a letter that proves that Bo really is Asa's son, not a Ralston (Bo does eventually learn that he is really a Buchanan).  At some point, after many intrigues, Asa and Delilah tell Euphemia to leave Llanview and she packs her bags.  I believe it was thought that GH could return but I think she was tired of doing it at that point.  And then, of course, about a year and a half later, she became ill and was no longer able to work.

That's what I remember....

Steve