Author Topic: Barnabas and Laura?  (Read 982 times)

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
Barnabas and Laura?
« on: November 22, 2002, 07:45:33 PM »
Having not seen the 1795 episodes (keep those DVDs coming, dudes), I am confused by his shocked reaction upon seeing her. Was it because she was a phoenix back then too? Or was he just surprised at how much she looked like Jeremiah's wife?

Also, did B. have some kind of crush on her when he was young? Or is that something I've picked up from reading way too much fan fiction?

Sorry for my cluelessness, I just don't tape the show if B's not on. There's only so many hours in the day. :-)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas and Laura?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 08:10:02 PM »
Hi there,

At this point in the story, we do not know anything about Barnabas' previous acquaintance with Laura.  More information is going to be revealed in the upcoming shows, so keep watching!  

Best wishes, Gothick

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 08:50:37 PM »
Aw geez. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the heads up. Think I've had way too much caffeine this a.m. Slinking back to lurker land.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 11:54:24 PM »
Hii there,
No need to feel that way!  I think one of the confusing things about Laura is that during the character's initial appearance in 1966/67 (which you presumably have not seen, since you said you only watch the shows with Barnabas in them) she was described as the wife of Jeremiah, Barnabas' Uncle.  But then, in the 1795 story, they conveniently forgot all about his marriage to her. Now in this 1897 story they bring that idea back again.

I don't want to say any more to avoid spoiling the story for you.  I just checked and the next episode isn't going to be shown until mid December. Sorry you have such a long time to wait!  Barnabas has some really great scenes in the next shows, though, as I recall.

Best wishes,

Gothick

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 01:05:18 AM »
Aw geez. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the heads up. Think I've had way too much caffeine this a.m. Slinking back to lurker land.

Don't go back there! Let me share with you what a dolt I am. When he reacted to her, I was thinking it was because he remembered her as Roger's wife and David's mother. It wasn't until I read this that I remembered Barney wasn't on the show then! [jester]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton