Author Topic: Soapnet (staying on air) to add classic AMC, OLTL & GH eps to schedule  (Read 1182 times)

David

Soapnet, not going off in Jan, has revamped it's schedule:
classic eps of AMC, GH & OLTL will be aired Sun-Thur during late night, early AM hours.

I'll be keeping an eye out for AMC & OL eps featuring DS actors!

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Soapnet (staying on air) to add classic AMC, OLTL & GH eps to schedule
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:26 AM »
Thanks, David.  it would be great if some of Grayson's episodes are finally aired...or even Nancy's or Anthony's.

David

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »
The classic eps begin airing on 9/26.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
Is there a website that tells the original airdates of the episodes they are running?

If ANYBODY out there has or gets hold of copies of Grayson's episodes, please PM me through this site.

Thanks

Gothick

David

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »
I'll be keeping close tabs on this. I'm also hoping for Nancy Barrett OL eps and AMC with Louis Edmonds.

David

Louis Edmonds AMC Eps on Soapnet this Weekend
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
Soapnet will air two classic AMC marathons this weekend as part of ABC's farewell to the show.

On Saturday, a 1979 episode features an early & very lively sparring between Langley (Louis) and Myrtle (Eileen Herlie)

Two classic AMC weddings, one from 1980, and another from 1984, are from Louis' peak period with the show and may feature him.

Details posted at Soapnet's website: http://sn.soapnet.go.com

Soapnet, staying on air for now, launches nightly AMC reruns on 9/26, the first Monday without new episodes--not sure which period these are from.
The reboot of AMC from Prospect Park Productions may be dead: not a single cast member is signing on for the show's January relaunch.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »
bardgirl Barbara Desmond
Why can't they do that weird swirly thing when Langley had that flashback. Hello I'm pretty sure that guy was on Dark Shadows.
14 hours ago

The reboot of AMC from Prospect Park Productions may be dead: not a single cast member is signing on for the show's January relaunch.

That's odd - particularly when several of the OLTL people have already signed on for the continuation of that soap.

David

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
Two AMC cast members, Cameron Mathison & Alicia Minshew, have said they'll stay with the show, so all may not be lost--this info was posted at www.SoapCentral.com right after my last post.

The 1979 eps with Louis E. was WONDERFUL--he was on quite a bit. Louis, Eileen Herlie & Ruth Warrick chewed the scenery! The print quality was GREAT! I got the whole thing safely archived onto a DVD.

Louis had a few lines in the wedding episodes from 1980 & 1984--it was so good to see peak, vintage AMC again!

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »
Since they also show Days of our Lives, it would make sense to show vintage episodes of that show, too!  In fact, Sony has a complete archive of ALL the episodes from its 1965 debut, all in color.  So perhaps we can see Don Briscoe as Tony Merritt in his 1966 stint there.

David

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
We should be so lucky if they go that far back, Charles. I'd love to see all of Day's demonic posession story again.

If the AMC reruns go back to 1979, I'll record every single episode with Louis! (and Phoebe/Myrtle/Opal that relate to Louis' story)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 03:34:51 AM »
I've heard that the "classic" episodes to be shown of AMC, OLTL and GH are going to be just 5 years old. I hope that's not true, I'd be much more interested in seeing the really old episodes.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 05:46:46 AM »
For those who wish to see them, there are some great clips of scenes with Louis in his Langley role in AMC up on Youtube. I think if you just search Langley Wallingford they come up.

It's too bad that Grayson as Euphemia, in turban and cape, did not show up one day on AMC to confront Louis as Langley.  Two such arch, baroque characterizations should have shared screen time at least once.  Ah well, we can dream.

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
In Remembrance...
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 11:43:34 PM »
I didn't want to put a whole topic for this, so it's close.
At the end of OLTL today (Tuesday, 27th), they had a VERY QUICK photo & mentioned the name of I believe a producer or director. It listed his date(s) as 1913-2011 (I believe).
I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but, I believe he *may* have been associated w/DS too.
Does anyone know the gentleman I'm referring to and, is there a DS connection?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 01:40:19 AM »
That was the late David Pressman, a longtime OLTL director.  He never worked on DS.

David

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »
The AMC reruns are from 2006--one of the show's least popular, most poorly written periods.
Why even bother?