Author Topic: Sorta OT, "Seizure"  (Read 1484 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Sorta OT, "Seizure"
« on: November 21, 2002, 01:46:07 AM »
I got this video last week. Ehhhhcckkk, it put me to sleep and I never have been able to bring myself to put it back in the VCR. What a mess of a movie, I can see why Frid dismissed Stone in an interview I read. Stone must have been stoned out of his mind making this. (As I recall he has publically stated that he continues to do drugs, some of us grew up.)

It doesn't help that the video tape is crappy. I'm so sorry that one of the few big screen releases of Frid's is of this caliber. Oh well, it add to my collection....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Sorta OT, "Seizure"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 02:41:46 AM »
I got this video last week. Ehhhhcckkk, it put me to sleep and I never have been able to bring myself to put it back in the VCR. What a mess of a movie, I can see why Frid dismissed Stone in an interview I read. Stone must have been stoned out of his mind making this. (As I recall he has publically stated that he continues to do drugs, some of us grew up.)

It doesn't help that the video tape is crappy. I'm so sorry that one of the few big screen releases of Frid's is of this caliber. Oh well, it add to my collection....

My feelings exactly, kuanyin! I bought it to see what all the hype was about -- very disappointed. Never finished viewing it either and I don't even know if I want to keep it in my collection. It is by no means the highlight of his career. Rating: two thumbs down.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 03:02:04 AM »
I got this video last week. Ehhhhcckkk, it put me to sleep and I never have been able to bring myself to put it back in the VCR.

"Ehhhhcckk" is right.  I saw it not long ago, and I couldn't follow ANY of it.  It would be good for a laugh when you're down because it's so stupid. [scrm]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 03:49:38 AM »
(As I recall he has publically stated that he continues to do drugs, some of us grew up.)

Well, you might be thinking of a much-publicized arrest a few years back for DUI and drug possession, but he pleaded innocent to all charges.  Don't believe Stone publicly admits to any recent drug use, sorry.

Haven't seen Seizure yet but I can't say I'm anxious to. :-/

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 04:08:41 AM »
Haven't seen Seizure yet but I can't say I'm anxious to. :-/

The movie is pretty bad, and I'll admit it took me a couple of sittings to get through the whole thing.  It is interesting to see Frid on film in a non-DS role, which is the only reason to watch it (IMO).

MrsJ.

Nancy

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 06:24:33 AM »
It is a horrible movie. I saw the original script and it was not much like what was actually filmed.  Too bad since the story had such an interesting premise.  

Nanc

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 06:36:33 AM »
Yes, the whole movie is terrible.  I'm with Kuanyin, I'm afraid to touch it.  Jonathan should have sued Olvier Stone for cooking up this one.  I really felt sorry for Jonathan.  [vryangb]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2002, 08:55:12 AM »
Wow!  I haven't seen "Seizure" in years, but I recall that I enjoyed it.  I really need to rewatch it soon!

Regards,

John

Connie

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 10:25:56 AM »
It is interesting to see Frid on film in a non-DS role, which is the only reason to watch it (IMO).

Yes.  That's why I got it - intense curiosity.  I must say...it's quite boring.  It's also DUMB.  LOL
But it IS good for fans who want to see JF doing something different!  Also, I've been able to get some good pictures from it.

(Uh oh...looks a little worried - doesn't he!)

:)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 10:50:44 AM »
I don't remember too much about it.  I know it seemed weird and a lot of the time I wasn't sure what was happening.  However, I think from about the middle on the main plot sort of came together and from then on it was all right.  I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a movie, but for a chance to see him in a different role it was worth it.
Josette

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 02:43:47 AM »
Ah, Seizure. I saw this in its entirety a couple of years ago. Scary, but not in any good way.

Luciaphil
(who prefers Suspiria 8-) )
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga