Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0036  (Read 1054 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0036
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0036
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:27:23 AM »
We've seen Liz give a "Don't ask me how to do it, just do it" order to Roger, and today we saw Roger give the same sort of order to Sam.  Poor Sam, I don't think there's anybody whom he can order around.

David steadfastly maintains that he didn't remove the bleeder valve from Roger's car, long after everybody has decided he did.  It looks as though nobody's going to hold him to the fire and force him to admit it.  And the fact is, we didn't actually see him remove the valve.  The incident appears to be closed, but writers are keeping their options open.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
When Vicki arrives at the coffee shop, Sam says that Vicki has been at Collinwood for "some time" and that she must know Elizabeth pretty well. But aren't we still on Day 3?  [ghost_huh]

Stunned by the extent of Roger's bitterness (and it really is extensive!), Elizabeth places the famous call to Ned Calder. I wonder if the writers were considering introducing a new character here.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »
David is sitting on the window ledge on the landing.  There should be a bench there so that area could be used for more scenes.
Vickie isn't afraid of David which makes sense since she should have been exposed to problem children at the home. 
Elizabeth doesn' think of Vickie as a stranger anymore even though Vickie's been at Collinwood a few days.  Elizabeth seems to be hiding something of why she want's her to stay.
Roger gets a call from a strange man and then we learn the stranger is Sam Evans.
Roger expounds, " A potential murderer."  in regards to his son. 
Vickie wisely decides to go into town to see a movie, but get's there too late and goes to the diner where  Sam warns her to fear death.  Maybe she should have just stayed home. 
We get more insight into the Collins siblings when Roger tells Liz that she will run things her way as she always does.  Then Elizabeth puts in a call to an unknown man named Ned Caulder.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
At last, I get a day with no fever, yay!  If this continues, maybe I can make some progress at getting caught up with the WP...

I'm obsessed with that phone booth in the Inn, which since the previous [Friday] ep has moved back into the lobby from the restaurant.

Liz repeats, "Because I choose to do so," a line that always makes me think of Dom, our sometime moderator.  I miss you, Dom.

Vickie ... goes to the diner where  Sam warns her to fear death.  Maybe she should have just stayed home.

LOL  Vicki and Sam seem to have only bizarre encounters (on Widow's Hill, he scared her with talk of Josette's suicide and hauntings at Collinwood, and during their previous meeting at the diner, while acting nosey and a tad bit paranoid, he spoke of numerous suicides at the big house).  And yet all Vicki knows about him is that his name is Sam and he has a secret relationship with Roger.  So I'm surprised she seemed so calm during this ep after learning they were all alone in the restaurant, because by now she must view Sam as the town's wandering nutjob.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
David steadfastly maintains that he didn't remove the bleeder valve from Roger's car, long after everybody has decided he did.  It looks as though nobody's going to hold him to the fire and force him to admit it.  And the fact is, we didn't actually see him remove the valve.  The incident appears to be closed, but writers are keeping their options open.

I don't think the writers had any intention of ever reopening the bleeder valve incident. There were really only two options, it was either David or Burke. Carter already ruled out Burke, so that leaves  David. He stole the valve from Vicki's dresser and tried to put it inside Burke's couch. That pretty much sealed the deal for me that David was indeed the guilty party.

Maybe the reason Vicki seems so calm with Sam Evans because he seems to be an entirely different person?...heh, heh, heh.

Roger has no intention of easing up on David, even though Elizabeth's theory of how he treated David from birth was likely true.

It really is strange seeing him hate David so much at this period, especially when later on [spoiler]he defended David and went to bat for him when Barnabas accused the boy of stealing Ezra Braithwaite's ledger.[/spoiler]