Author Topic: If That Was MY Dead Brother......  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
If That Was MY Dead Brother......
« on: November 19, 2002, 10:28:49 PM »
....there'd be body parts on the carpet and blood on the walls when I caught up with Rachel Drummond.....But not Mrs. Trask!!!

No!....not the saintly and forgiving Minerva Trask....who only wants Rachel to return to the fold....to come back and be a good little teacher again....Never mind a little murder amongst friends....all is forgiven....IF you come back and do what you're told.

HOW SICK IS THIS????  

How many brothers do you suppose Minerva Trask HAS, that she can spare one or two? What do you suppose they told the police happened when they reported the death?  Or did they just toss him down the well and not mention it to anyone?  In either case, how are they going to explain it to the authorities now, if they try to accuse Tim and Rachel?  

And why aren't Tim and Rachel asking these questions?  I can buy being so terrified, or emotionally damaged  that you can't act on your own behalf.....but they DID have the gumption to get away once......did a taste of freedom render them both terminally stupid?

raineypark

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: If That Was MY Dead Brother......
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 11:56:08 PM »
did a taste of freedom render them both terminally stupid?

No, but the writers certainly did! (laughing)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 12:54:44 AM »
Raineypark, if you think today's episodes were sick, I devoutly hope that your VCR fails the day of Jamison's matriculation at the infamous Worthington Hall!  Tomorrow's shows (presuming that that wretched network is going to air the series tomorrow--I have completely lost track) are very distasteful as well, if memory serves.

The whole Trask family really does give new meaning to the concept of hypocrisy.  Unfortunately, the whole murder charge thing against Rachel and Tim doesn't get much beyond acting as a convenient Diabolos ex machina for the writers.

Best wishes,

Steve

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 01:31:12 AM »
And why aren't Tim and Rachel asking these questions?

Oh, they will. Just give it time. ;)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 02:54:42 AM »
Yes, I can just imagine the phone call..."Hello, I need to speak to the POE-lease, this is the High and Mighty Reverend Trask! I want to report a murder. Yes, WELL, it was several years ago. Do you remember when my good and virtuous wife's brother DIED? We didn't tell you THEN, because we were led by the LORD to hold our tongues. But NOW, the ALMIGHTY has given us the power to bring the GUILTY to retribution! Would you please go arrest Rachel Drummond?"

Uhhmmm, I'm sure. And her response is about the stupidest, "I can't PROVE I didn't!" Well, yeah, and he can't prove you did, especially since there isn't an unsolved murder on the books.

I'm wondering who I can have arrested for the murder of my father four years ago, UNLESS, they agree to be my slave and do my bidding.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 03:17:04 AM »
I think Rev. Gregory may have killed poor Mr. Simon Briar and laid the blame on Rachael and Tim.  He probably didn't notify the authorities because of being afraid he would be exposed. he must have gave some explanation to Minerva something like "the Lord not saying it is the time" or something like that to convince her not to do anything.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2002, 04:31:22 PM »
Ya know . . . I doubt that Rachel and Tim the Dim had anything to do with killing ol' Simon off, but the money issue always troubled me.

Rachel shows up at Collinwood with a pretty extensive (and may I say, frivolous and impractical) wardrobe. Now I grant you, she claims the money was hers, but still . . . part of me wonders if they sort of had an expansive definition of "hers."

Neither she nor Tim impress me all that much. Wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason they both cave is because they are in fact guilty of some of the things Minerva and Gregory are accusing them of.

But yeah. My response would have been, "Go right ahead Mrs. Trask. Phone's over there."

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 07:35:58 PM »
Ya know . . . I doubt that Rachel and Tim the Dim had anything to do with killing ol' Simon off, but the money issue always troubled me.

Rachel shows up at Collinwood with a pretty extensive (and may I say, frivolous and impractical) wardrobe. Now I grant you, she claims the money was hers, but still . . . part of me wonders if they sort of had an expansive definition of "hers."

Neither she nor Tim impress me all that much. Wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason they both cave is because they are in fact guilty of some of the things Minerva and Gregory are accusing them of.

But yeah. My response would have been, "Go right ahead Mrs. Trask. Phone's over there."

Luciaphil

I have viewed this time period only once before.  Was't there a suspicion that the Rev. Trask killed his brother-in-law?  Obviously, Simon would be loyal to his sister and might have seen discrepancies in the books.  
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
Rev. Trask has no problem later about murdering his wife to get money.  He probably would have murdered Judith, too.  He seems to have established a firm pattern to his behavior about getting money.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer