Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0031  (Read 1251 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0031
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0031
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
Burke says to Roger about David hanging around Burke being corrupting: "A little late for that."   Did he just let on to Roger that he knows David did it?

End VO: "The Green Hornet cuts into crime with a buzzzsaw!!"
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:58 AM »
I feel the writers are writing themselves into a corner, but I daresay they know where they're going.  We've got David hating Vicky because Vicky found out, and told others, that David did the bleeder valve job.  I'm not sure it's possible for Vicky and David to build a strong governess-student relationship with that sort of history.  And I'm not sure that it's a good idea for them to try.  We're talking about attempted murder here!  Who knows when David might try again?  On Roger or on somebody else who displeases him?  In Elizabeth's or Roger's shoes, I'd conclude Vicky is out of her depth here.  Either that or she deserves a huge pay raise.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »
Things could hardly be worse, could they? In the real universe, Elizabeth would give Vicki a generous severance package and a good reference to keep her from blabbing. David would be packed off to reform school or some military school, which would completely ruin him. Elizabeth belatedly would have to start training Carolyn to be the next Mistress of Collinwood--but of course, that would mean Carolyn would actually have a job.  [ghost_blink]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:46 AM »
Things could hardly be worse, could they? In the real universe, Elizabeth would give Vicki a generous severance package and a good reference to keep her from blabbing. David would be packed off to reform school or some military school, which would completely ruin him. Elizabeth belatedly would have to start training Carolyn to be the next Mistress of Collinwood--but of course, that would mean Carolyn would actually have a job.  [ghost_blink]

Love it.

I was wondering last night about what would happen to David in the real world. I suppose he would have ended up in therapy.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
Burke says to Roger about David hanging around Burke being corrupting: "A little late for that."   Did he just let on to Roger that he knows David did it?

Yes, that was a great line.

Somebody starch up Burke’s rain coat or what? Or it’s too big for him or something. Almost looks like he's wearing a cape with sleeves.

Seemed like Mitch was having issues with his dialogue. He even played Chopsticks lousy.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »
David shows Burke a picture of his mother and we learn she is in the hospital now.  I think this is the first time we learn where she is supposedly living.  It would have been more gothic for her to be stark raving mad and running around the house. David tells Vickie he will get even. Now considering that she lived and later worked in a foundling home she should have been exposed to this kind of behavior and worse. 
The statue on the hall table is missing, but then I see it on the Foyer sideboard.  It looks heavy. More work for Matthew.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Just before Roger comes to Vicki's room to collect David, David starts to tell her he wishes a thousand ghosts would come and strangle her. I suppose 999 wouldn't have been nearly enough.

What with one thing and another, Roger is alone with every other person in this episode.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
Either the writer doesn't know what a retaining wall is, or Mitch Ryan misspoke, cuz what a dangerous curve needs is a guardrail.

The scene between David and Burke in the foyer is touching, funny AND disturbing!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »
At this time, Art Wallace was both plotting and writing every episode.  I think he wrote the first eight weeks or so solo.

Interestingly, I think at the end of the series it was almost exactly the same, with Violet Welles (uncredited; screen credit went to Gordon Russell) writing every show, or nearly every show, while Sam was busy scrambling to get the NoDS screenplay together.

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
Why was she uncredited?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor