Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0029  (Read 1249 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0029
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0029
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:33:58 AM »
Take two of this episode, according to director's chalk board.   Unusual.   Carolyn asked Matthew to look for David.  Somewhere out there, a regenerating, morphing, shape-shifting Matthew Morgan is dealing with all that, while trying to look for a 9-year-old in a storm, too.   Maybe Sam and Matthew are off in a quiet spot in the woods, in twin side-by-side chrysalises.  Maybe The Collinsport Fly will get in, and Sam Evans will have a big fly head.   THAT'S how to write DS!!

Davey Boy plants valve, end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
Elizabeth is very tough on, and very distant and formal to, "Miss Winters." It's only because she knows David is the guilty party, but she can't admit it to herself yet.

David hitchhikes to town--unthinkable now.

Our first real storm at Collinwood--the first of many!  [ghost_grin]

Even in these early days, Carolyn's devotion to her mother--and Elizabeth's devotion to her--is very clear and wonderfully portrayed by JB and NB.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
Huh?  Are you watching a different DVD from me?  It's "Burkey-Boy retrieves valve, end."  I'm sure he still thinks he can keep everything under control, but I'd be having my doubts if I were he.  And when Burke heard from David that Roger and Laura were always fighting, with Burke's own name coming up frequently, did Burke think that maybe he didn't need to work any vengeance on Roger - that maybe Roger's misdeeds had made his life horrible enough and that all Burke had to do was sit back and watch?  No, of course not, and anyway, who can trust anything that David says?

Liz's scene with Vicky in Vicky's bedroom didn't ring true to me.  I saw the logic of all that happened, but I didn't believe it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »
Huh?  Are you watching a different DVD from me?

I mis-remembered.  That wasn't the last scene.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
Liz announces that she loves David.  I keep wondering how much time they could have spent together with Elizabeth confined to the estate grounds and Roger and Laura for some reason going to Augusta to live on his payoff money from Elizabeth.  Why was Roger living in Augusta?  If his sister was paying him to stay away?  Why not at least go to Boston.  You can at least imagine Roger in Boston, but in the third smallest capital in the U.S. and a population of 21,000 in the 1960's not really.  If he were sent there to work for a branch of the Collins company or to grease the wheels for them with the state leaders it might make sense.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:01 AM »
Huh?  Are you watching a different DVD from me?  It's "Burkey-Boy retrieves valve, end."
For me, with a DVD purchased from the "MPI Club" when first released, it was "Burke reaches under sofa cushion, fade to black, end."  I meant to request a replacement disc and forgot about it.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Liz announces that she loves David.  I keep wondering how much time they could have spent together with Elizabeth confined to the estate grounds and Roger and Laura for some reason going to Augusta to live on his payoff money from Elizabeth.
Hasn't Liz only spent time with David for the month since he and his father arrived, or did he make visits to Collinwood while he was growing up that we haven't heard about?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
I suspect that Elizabeth is now getting to know David for the first time. His mother already seems like the jealous type and would have wanted to keep him all to herself.