Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0028  (Read 1039 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0028
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0028
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:32:39 AM »
Why does Burke expect the constable to take Burke's word on his innocence?   It seemed like there were many actors in this one, more than the five in the end credits.

When Maggie mentions her father, I don't know whether to picture him as a tall bear-like guy with furry arms, or as a shorter, rounder, less intense guy who likes a pipe.   We are in Sam Evans limbo.

According to the end credits, CONSTABLE CARTER has now been upgraded, or demoted, or whatever, to "Sheriff Carter".   Happy mega-nuptials, Lucy Johnson.  (Announcement over end credits.)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
Michael Currie (Sheriff Carter) is the only actor to get all capital letters in the credits for some reason.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
Possibly in honor of his recent promotion from constable!  [ghost_wink]

LE can be seen bouncing up and down in the background--warming up for his next scene?--just before the scene where Maggie induces David to stay in the diner by promising he can make his own ice cream sundae.

When Maggie asks Roger how David could have disappeared so quickly, Roger replies flippantly, It's because of spells and incantations.  [ghost_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:59:01 AM »
I noticed the bouncing Roger also.  Maggie makes David a sundae and he disappears.  Maggie doesn't seem to think he had time to slip out the side door, but doesn't look very hard for him.  There has to be a door in the back for deliveries and whatnot where he could have slipped out also.  Roger seems unconcerned and makes a nice impression on the townsfolk with , " He can find his own way home." 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
At some point David casually mentions hitchhiking into town--certainly a more dangerous option now. 

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
The peripatetic phone booth is a balm unto my soul.  It foreshadows the happy days to come when staircases, studies, Towers, and even cemeteries will become nomadic.  So far we've seen the phone booth in only two places, the coffeeshop and the Inn's lobby, but I have complete faith that someday it will venture further afield.  Has anybody ever used it for the purposes of time travel?

I keep wondering about the search warrant that Carter got for Burke's suite.  Did Carter have sufficient grounds for getting it?  Not being in the law enforcement business, I have very little idea of what constitutes sufficient grounds.  And maybe the judge knew which side his bread was buttered on, and had heard all he needed to know from Maggie Evans.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »
I'm sure that phone booth is bigger on the inside than on the outside!  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:34 AM »
Maggie and David meet for the first time.  And we learn that Burke is an investor, his company buying and selling other companies (and it seems likely that the money made off the proposition offered to him in Montevideo was his venture capital).  Sheriff Carter also informs Roger that Strake arrived a couple of weeks before Burke in order to dig up what he could about the Collins family, but Malloy already found that out and let the viewers in on it.