Author Topic: Reverend Ruthless  (Read 825 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Reverend Ruthless
« on: November 15, 2002, 12:32:54 AM »
Dear gang,

I'm surprised not to see at least one topic acknowledging the advent of the Prince of Darkness... erm, I mean the Bailiwick of Sanctity, "Reverend" Gregory Trask!

I think the 1897 Trask is my favorite of them all.  He seems the most complex, and the most devoutly hypcritical.  1795 Trask and poor deluded Lamar (his name is a joke the writers indulged in on Lara Parker's name in real life) both seem to have been fairly sincere in what they were doing, and Lamar actually had personal reasons for going out of Barnabas and Quentin.

Greggie-poo's motives are pure, unadulterated greed, occasionally laced with lust and a good healthy dose of thirst for power.  He gets some fantastic lines, and fabulous Jerry Lacy just goes from strength to strength in his portrayal of the character.

I don't watch the series on Sci Fi, so I'm not sure whether Mamma and Daughter have made their entrance yet, but they are wonderful to watch in their interactions with Big Daddy.

Ah, Trask!  vicious and hypocritical though you are, what would Collinwood be without you?

Gothick

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend Ruthless
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 01:38:03 AM »
Trask is a weird character, no matter which incarnation.  And Jerry Lacy does a fantastic job with each of the Trask boys.

1795 Trask is easy to dismiss as a religious nut, although this doesn't make him any less dangerous or enjoyable as a character. Lamar is a complete weasel, and the fact that he's a mortician makes him even more shudderworthy. PT Trask was almost a one-note wonder, since he wasn't given much to do.

Gregory is definitely the most interesting of them. You're right, Gothick. The greed, lust, power-hungry combo is all set right out there in this 1897 edition Trask, and it's certainly a show. I wonder what Judith saw in him. Was she just so repressed that any man showing an interest would have rated? I think she's too intelligent for that. Well, I suppose that the attraction must have been physical, since Jerry Lacy c1969 is, IMO a very attractive man (Tony Peterson was yummy). 'Cos there is this sexual thing about 1795 Trask and Gregory that that is palpable, but every time I get that vibe I want to take a shower - 'cos those Trasks are just so slimy. Is that good acting, or just my own psychosexual issues? ;)

I've always wondered what would've happened if they had paired 1897 Trask with Angelique as lovers or co-conspirators.  They're like two sides of the same coin. Both are inherently dark characters, it's just that one gives in to her darker impulses, while the other at least pretends to suppress them. Both of them are sociopaths who are supremely pleased with themselves, and convinced they're justified, no matter what the situation. Neither of them play well with others, or are very willing to compromise. They'd have been a scary combination!

Was also idly wondering last night what (if any) connection there was between Tony Peterson and the Trasks. D'you suppose he was some kind of descendant?
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 08:45:50 AM »
Greggie-poo, I love it! I had just been wondering what nickname I could bestow upon him, but no need now. Do you watch on tape? I hope to eventually be able to keep up with DVD.

From what I saw today, Judith was way impressed with Greggie-poo's miracle powers. Actually, it WAS quite impressive, nothing else works with the zombie, but he goes in and BAM! I suppose she thought he could work miracles in more than one room of the house....(and she probably needed one after years of being suppressed and repressed). Unfortunately, she just ended up with another tyrant.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 12:01:02 PM »
Gothick Wrote:

Greggie-poo's motives are pure, unadulterated greed, occasionally laced with lust and a good healthy dose of thirst for power.  

LOL!!  "Greggie-poo"  now that's a name for him!

Seriously though, it was great to see the self styled "Preacher" back on the show again to entertain us! And he wasted no time at all as once again we got to hear him preaching his mumbo jumbo speech on some "poor wretched soul" or a "lost lamb" as in Jamison's case.  He also wasted no time making himself at home in a new house either.  And this is just the beginning.....

I don't watch the series on Sci Fi, so I'm not sure whether Mamma and Daughter have made their entrance yet, but they are wonderful to watch in their interactions with Big Daddy.

Well "Daddy's girl" arrived yesterday at Collinwood and already has made herself right at home. ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 11:50:19 PM »
Was also idly wondering last night what (if any) connection there was between Tony Peterson and the Trasks. D'you suppose he was some kind of descendant?

Given Gregory Trask's proclivity for lecherous behavior, it isn't the least bit far fetched to imagine he may have sired any number of illegitimate children; one of those may in fact be the great grandparent of Mr. Tony Peterson.