Author Topic: Zombie time - spoilers  (Read 1614 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Zombie time - spoilers
« on: November 13, 2002, 06:37:57 AM »
I have only seen this part of DS once, and I had completely forgotten Quentin becoming a zombie. And he does it so well!

Alright, I have to admit that I am very grateful to Barney for going back in time and making Quentin a permanent addition to the cast. But it does seem like he could have stayed home and saved a lot of trouble. If Quentin didn't die in the room and Jennie stabbed him instead, wouldn't that have freed David from the danger? I have to think that Chris wouldn't have had the curse either, since Magda hasn't laid it on Q yet. It seems like at least Barney should have said "I Ching, here I come..." and gone back. Could it be that a certain governess is affecting his choice to remain in the past?

I thought David Henesy did a great job of imitating Quentin, even his laugh.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie time - spoilers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 06:44:32 AM »
I thought the same thing.  I guess in the Barsnster defense he didn't know that Jenny killing him would have freed David and Chris.   David was great as the zoombie, he didn't blink an eye.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 11:45:25 AM »
Kuanyin Wrote:

It seems like at least Barney should have said "I Ching, here I come..." and gone back. Could it be that a certain governess is affecting his choice to remain in the past?

It almost seems to me that Barnabas has forgotten his whole reason for going back to the past. Rachel seems to be the only thing on his mind lately. Did he really think Angelique would resurect Quentin to his normal state with Rachel around??   She practically did the same thing to Vicky when Barnabas went back to 1795 to save her!!  Yet, he still continues to flirt with Rachel and ask Angelique for favors at the same time!  I would think that if he really cared for saving Quentin then he'd stay away from Rachel once and for all!

SPOILER.....SPIOLER.....SPOILER.......SPOILER..SPOILER

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

One has to wonder though if the same thing would have happened to Quentin had Barnabas not traveled back to the past.  Im sure Rachel would still have been snopping around the house and eventually found herself in the tower room with Jenny.  Then later on, Jenny escapes and stabs Quentin at the cottage.  This would mean then that Quentin did "actually" die when Jenny stabbed him therefore like you mentioned, Magda couldn't have had the chance to put the curse on him.  So it does makes us wonder what really did happen then?  

This would lead me to think then that perhaps Angelique had something to do with Quentin being stabbed.  Knowing first hand how much Barnabas wanted to save Quentin, she knew that if he were to be "killed, " naturally, he would come to her and ask her for her help.  So perhaps Barnabas being there did change history so far and that being Angelique's presence there to cause all of this.  Otherwise, it really doesn't make sense to me that Quentin could have died like this before Barnabas had traveled back there.
BUT, something obviously did happen to Quentin otherwise his ghost wouldn't be haunting Collinwood and Chris wouldn't be a werewolf.  

IMO I really don't think that Quentin dying by the knife this way really had any effect on David back in the present day Collinwood. The reason being would be that Barnabas' spirit or whatever would have been wisked back to his body in the old house basement since his mission would now be over.  And since Julia & Stokes are back there with him wouldn't they have summoned him back had David recovered as soon as Quentin was killed?

I also thought David Henessey did a great job at portraying Quentin yesterday,  especially with that sinister laugh of his!  ;-)

BTW, I miss Julia!   She's probably sitting there worrying herself sick over Barnabas and thinking that he must be going through the worst kind of danger, and yet, here he is, vampire and all,  having the time of his life chasing after Rachel!!  If only she knew....

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 02:15:36 PM »
Having a zombie wandering around always seemed so much like the Outer Limits I wondered why that story was part of 1897.  Was it really important to the storyline?  I was thinking that Quentin could have been wounded badly and the outcome would still be the same (the curse).  It seemed too bizarre to have this strange cousin with the odd hours explaining voodooism and zombies to the very straight laced Judith.
And why was no one else frightened by Quentin's resurrection?  I guess that is why Trask had to be there, to lend credibility to it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 06:30:44 AM »
ZOMBIES are my favorite ghoul and I loved to see them on DS! :)  I also thought that David was BRILLANT!!  I could have never keep my eyes fixed and open like that.  I start tearing up in no time!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:51:14 AM »
Zombie Time... is that like Miller Time, only with zombies?

I had to speed past all posts because this is where my gap in 1897 happens.   Ambulatory dead Q is visiting the Old House and I have yet to see how all this is resolved.  I had zero memory of Quentin as a zombie from childhood.   I guess this will be the ultimate case of bouncing back after you hit bottom.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »
I had zero memory of Quentin as a zombie from childhood.

Probably because that part of your brain was filled with false memories about Petofi's return after 1897.

[a2a3]

[b003]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »
Why I oughta....!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
The simplest explanation for why Quentin wouldn't have died from stabbing in the original timeline is that Dirk wouldn't have been held up by Barnabas at the Old House, and would have gotten to the cottage a few minutes earlier and stopped it, or intercepted Jenny in the woods somewhere near the cottage.

This seems pretty reasonable, considering in the altered timeline Dirk was the first one to discover Quentin's body at the cottage.
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"