Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0017  (Read 2288 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0017
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0017
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
Bill Malloy leaves the doctor’s office to go back out to the scene of the accident. He comes back in less than a half hour, and not only does he have evidence of foul play, he has detailed drawings of the brake system to boot. Bill is quite the resourceful friend.

I wonder if Roger is going to mix those downers the doctor gave him with booze?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:22 AM »
Things are happening quick. i guess in the 60's they didn't have crime tape.

It is true the Dr. didn't say anything about mixing it with alcohol. I wonder if the people of Collinsport, knew about Roger's drinking? Or was it one of the secrets? Roger was sure lucky with the accident.

David  H. is doing such a great job. He really is a trooper.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:13 AM »
I wonder what I missed, not seeing most of ep 16.   Anyone, please?   David has no view out of his Tower room, unless he opens a stained glass window.   Did he oose the room?   It must be significant.   

D. Reeves MD loves to ramble.  What's his point?   Roger's car knowledge is up there with mine.   So Isaac landed in 1690.   Or Collinses just make up dates off the tops of their heads.  That would explain a lot....

Seeing Roger affected by his near-death is enjoyable.   When alone in the Drawing Room, he had this brief furious look, replaced instantly by a look of satisfaction at having survived, and at being able to get his revenge.   Does he know any hit men from Augusta, or maybe Portland?   Off he goes to check his rolodex...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:23:33 AM »
Elizabeth loved her father very much and he died over twenty years ago about the time Vickie was born.  Could there be a connection?  So Roger was probably a minor when his father died, but apparently left him no money or if he did it was gone by the time Liz had to pension him off to Augusta ten years ago. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:28:41 AM »
Louis Edmonds’s recovery from his “hundred miles” blooper is a thing of beauty.  I don't think I could have thought that fast on my feet.

D. Reeves MD loves to ramble.  What's his point?
I think he's looking for gossip to share with Maggie Evans.

The voiceover says that Elizabeth hasn't left the house in 18 years, and there was a mention in another episode of her not leaving the house – as opposed to the grounds.  Did Joan Bennett have it in her contract that she didn't have to do any of those on-location scenes?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
It's week four, day... two? of the storyline, and Liz is now wearing that strange hairdo I always think of as the "Neo-Geisha" look.
I think it persists for a couple of weeks or so.

I really wish we had been given a scene where the chatty town beautician shows up with her bags of gear to do Liz's hair in the kitchen.  My great aunt who had been a beautician continued for awhile to do some favored customers' hair in her own kitchen.  I'd be dropped off there as a kid to hang out while my Mom or somebody ran errands and I can still remember the smell of the hair products, the nonstop chatter about soap operas ("stories") and scandals, the little radio blasting out the current top 40--lots of Supremes songs, of course... We are talking around 1965-68.

G.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Elizabeth loved her father very much and he died over twenty years ago about the time Vickie was born.  Could there be a connection?  So Roger was probably a minor when his father died, but apparently left him no money or if he did it was gone by the time Liz had to pension him off to Augusta ten years ago.

Another interesting connection with Elizabeth and twenty years ago.

Roger did have money, but at one point [spoiler]he confesses that he frittered it all away. I think we're meant to infer that that's partly why he came back to Collinwood--he's basically broke[/spoiler].

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
Roger did have money, but at one point [spoiler]he confesses that he frittered it all away. I think we're meant to infer that that's partly why he came back to Collinwood--he's basically broke[/spoiler].

[spoiler]Oh no!  How's Roger going to hire that hit man for Burke?![/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:45 AM »
[spoiler]Oh no!  How's Roger going to hire that hit man for Burke?![/spoiler]

[spoiler]By selling the family heirlooms, of course.[/spoiler]

I don't think that Roger, knows how to make, or save money.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »
Roger has taken the painkillers Dr. Reeves gave him. But being a Collins, he has a drink the moment he enters the house.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 03:43:10 AM »
Roger to portrait:  "Well, Isaac, what would YOU do if somebody tried to kill YOU?"
WWID?

Bill Malloy leaves the doctor’s office to go back out to the scene of the accident. He comes back in less than a half hour, and not only does he have evidence of foul play, he has detailed drawings of the brake system to boot. Bill is quite the resourceful friend.
[lghy]  [thumbleft]

It is true the Dr. didn't say anything about mixing it with alcohol. I wonder if the people of Collinsport, knew about Roger's drinking? Or was it one of the secrets?
Roger was away for 10 years until very recently, so probably not.  The doc's instruction was to go home, take 2 pills and get immediately into bed, and he probably expected it to be followed (Ha!).

So Isaac landed in 1690.   Or Collinses just make up dates off the tops of their heads.  That would explain a lot....
LOL  Isaac's modern-looking attire certainly has bugged fans for years.

Elizabeth loved her father very much and he died over twenty years ago
So we can assume that Jamison died sometime in the 1940s?  Never saw his grave; I hope he wasn't buried in the woods!

Roger has taken the painkillers Dr. Reeves gave him. But being a Collins, he has a drink the moment he enters the house.
Hmm, we didn't see Roger take (consume) any of the pills.

Doc Reeves will be seen again-- making a house call on Collinwood. :D