Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0015  (Read 1538 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0015
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:48:02 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0015
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
                FAREWELL, ROGER COLLINS!
                           (Just kidding)

David: "He's going to die, Mother.   He's going to die."   THAT was creepy, and well done!    Those must have been BIG fights he heard back in Augusta....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
LOL, MT.  Hill House didn't want him to go.  Oops, wrong '60s car crash into tree.  How about farewell, beautiful Mustang?  Or maybe not, since I think some of Roger's doomed trip shows up in a future car crash scene too.

I liked Vicki's heart to heart with David, though her naiveté was very apparent.  But I can't fault her for that because it's not like she has had any specialized training in child psychology.  However, if she tells one more Foundling Home story, I may be driven to stick an icepick in my eardrums.  [ghost_nowink]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
yes.

and the sound effect used for roger's crash ends up being used for ALL car crashes on the series in the future. [ghost_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »
I think it was used for all car crashes on TV!   They may still use it in commercials.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 07:28:10 AM »
I didn't know that!  Too bad we never hear a Wilhelm scream on DS too.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
They used this footage for [spoiler]Dr. Guthrie,[/spoiler] which included added exterior car shots not included here.
They had to darken Roger's face and the interior of the car.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
Ah, yes, the famous Wilhelm scream! Even though we don't hear it on the show, [spoiler]there's plenty of screaming to come[/spoiler].  [ghost_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
"I won't let you send me away"  Great line and "A terrible man I hope he dies."   And then ,"I'm not nice at all."  David watches from the window as his father goes off to die and then again talks to his mother.   
In the voiceover Vickie states that she made friends with David.  I wonder?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:58:38 AM »
David: "He's going to die, Mother.   He's going to die."   THAT was creepy, and well done!

Damien Omen has nothing on this kid.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
The table in the foyer is getting to me.  It moves around.  In the scene before the opening title, it was tucked away beside the stairs.  After that, it was pulled out so that it was in front of the double doors to the drawing room.  I think somebody must have noticed that it was not in its correct spot during the titles and there was a mad scramble to pull it out.  But the Dark Shadows people should think about this.  If they think it's in the way when it's in front of the drawing room doors, then probably the Collinses feel the same way.

The road that Roger drove didn't seem that way that Matthew Morgan described it.  I imagined hairpin turns and sharp drops, and I didn't see anything like that.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:02 AM »
Vicki has her work cut out for her. David is troubled. He was troubled from the start, his parents are pieces of work.

Rogers parenting skills, I wonder where he got his training?  I can't believe that Jamison was that bad.

We were expecting this accident for awhile, there was a lot of foreshadowing.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 04:06:40 AM »
yes, i noticed the table also.  If the set floorplan is followed, its front edge should  line up with the opening of the drawing room door.  Also the phone in the hall has been magically disappearing.  I just noticed the light switch in the drawing room is behind the right door later it will move to the left side and even later farther out on the wall, but what does it control? There is no overhead light in the drawing room.  Matthew must be keeping pretty busy because I would think moving that table would come under heavy lifting.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:04 AM »
I just noticed the light switch in the drawing room is behind the right door later it will move to the left side and even later farther out on the wall, but what does it control?
It may be linked to an electrical outlet.