Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0012 (AKA The Flapping Threads Ep)  (Read 1163 times)

Watching Project

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0012 (AKA The Flapping Threads Ep)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Carolyn, the teenage meddler. Why does she send Vicky off to see Matthew when she knows “he’s not very friendly”? Why Vicky has this need to know thing about Roger and Burke is beyond me. Why should she care? She should be upstairs hitting the books with David. That’s what she was hired for.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »
Very true, but Roger is so cheerfuly when he tells Vicki the story of Widows Hill!

I believe this is the positively last appearance of Maggie's brassy blond wig. But dig those stovepipe pants all the men are wearing!

Carolyn's meddling doesn't stop with Vicki--she's brought Burke home and stuns Roger with the news that he's in the drawing room with Elizabeth!

Meanwhile, poor Maggie is desperate to help her poor pop.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »

1966: Ep #12 - Roger: 'The ghosts of the past are always
frightening.'
(Not to mention flapping threads.  ;-))

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:15:05 AM »
I wonder if Roger ripped that button off.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:14:04 AM »
During VO:  Is that supposed to be a close-up of the same outer wall of Collinwood that we are to see almost every day of the series?

Roger's good telling the story (Wailing Widows).  What is it that wind passes through, in order to make that sound?

I paused the disc just before Roger's about to enter the Drawing Room, without knowing Burke's in there.   I guess I remembered that he veered away at the last second.  I expected that when he finally went in, we'd see that mortified look, but instead, he looked deeply sad, as if he were about to be shot, and couldn't avoid it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
Maggie Evans seemed like a completely different character today from the coffeeshop waitress we've seen so far.  I realize people are different when they're with different people, but she seemed to have a different core altogether.

Both Roger and Carolyn referred to coming "down" to the cliff.  It makes sense in terms of how the landscape has been described to us so far, but not in terms of how they talk about it in the future.  But that's the future.

Oh, goodness, Vicky's silly, pretending to Roger that her having a cup of coffee with Burke doesn't mean a thing.  She knows better than that.

Why Vicky has this need to know thing about Roger and Burke is beyond me. Why should she care? She should be upstairs hitting the books with David. That’s what she was hired for.
She needs to take Jane Eyre off the bookshelf and discover just how much time Jane spent with her student, Adčle.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »
What's up with Sam's shirts? Why are the sleeves so short? Or maybe he has really long arms.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
Maggie seems to have disposed of the "Eve Arden" persona and taken on a tearful and helpless quality to her character. 
Roger really should call them wives of the fishermen until they know for sure the ship went down and all were lost.  Vickie once again brushes aside any thought that there could be supernatural events going on at Collinwood.  Perhaps that is why later she goes around not understanding because she can't fathom that there are such occurrences.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
The Collins have a problem, with their Widows Hill, stories. Are they still deciding what to tell.

Of the people in the Trio, I feel the worst for is Sam. He is sure the one that has not benefited to much by the events years ago.

Roger is the one that I believe is the most evil, in his actions. Maybe that is how the story had started out. Roger was the ne'er-do-well brother and uncle, and father.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate