Author Topic: Blondie Raises the Dead and other Strange Things  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Blondie Raises the Dead and other Strange Things
« on: November 08, 2002, 07:20:52 PM »
Angelique can raise the Dead?  :o

Has she ALWAYS had this useful ability?  I'm amazed.....if she's always been able to do this, one wonders why we haven't seen it many times before.  In fact, I'm surprised we haven't seen enough animated corpses to re-cast "Night of the Living Dead"!  There have certainly been enough dead bodies left lying around to try it out on!! ::)

And speaking of very odd things....is today's "Tell them you saw nothing here"....."Yes, but what do I TELL them?"..."That you saw nothing here!" considered by aficionados to be the ultimate DS Blooper?  Shall we take a poll?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Blondie Raises the Dead and other Strange Things
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 08:06:26 PM »
Yeah, it certainly does seem that Angelique has acquired some powers she never seemed to have before. This raising the dead thing really takes the cake. Think of all the other times this might have come in handy.  She never does it again to my knowledge.

Speaking as to the blooper, there are so many verbal gaffes on the show.  This is one of my favorites because it was handled rather adroitly.

Think my favorite visual gaffe was later in this same storyline, when Angelique accidentally knocks over an obviously styrofoam tombstone.  Then she tries to cover for it by automatically putting the thing back in place.  Beautiful!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 10:57:50 PM »
With this part of the new storyline, Angelique is well on her way to becoming Superwitch.  If you think you've seen some strange things now, just wait until Laura shows up.

Happy Friday!

Gothick

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 05:30:37 AM »
Well, she had Jeremiah up and around didn't she? And he did rather look like a one man "Night of the Living Dead" performance!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 06:06:54 AM »
I thought about him, kuanyin....but if I'm not mistaken, they always referred to him after the duel as "The Ghost of Jeremiah"....perhaps summoning a ghost was just 'practice' compared to actually raising the dead?

Frequently I think she's just a plot device.  The writers paint themselves into a corner, and then they bring on Angelique (who ignores the laws of both heaven and physics)  and  gets them out of it. [crazd]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 11:19:35 AM »
Raineypark Wrote:

Has she ALWAYS had this useful ability?  I'm amazed.....if she's always been able to do this, one wonders why we haven't seen it many times before

I think the reason we haven't seen her doing this before is there just wasn't anyone who died that she wanted to raise up.  ;-)

Offhand, I can't think of anyone whom she want to do this for unless of course Barnabas came to her and asked her to.  Then naturally, there would be a huge price to pay like what happened when Barnabas recently traveled back to 1795 to save Vicky.  Angelique really didn't raise Vicky up from the dead, but she did stop her from dying by the hanging by putting that sleeping spell on her to make her look as if she died. Then, later on she was planning to let her die anyway.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 11:15:13 PM »
Gothick Wrote;

If you think you've seen some strange things now, just wait until Laura shows up.

Add Count Petofi to that list as well! ;-)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2002, 10:38:33 PM »
The reason she did this was easy...
Barnabas said the magic word; "PLEASE"![jester]
Don't you all remember....
"Angelique, please, I need you".........[hello]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 12:39:59 PM »
Raineypark Wrote:

And speaking of very odd things....is today's "Tell them you saw nothing here"....."Yes, but what do I TELL them?"..."That you saw nothing here!" considered by aficionados to be the ultimate DS Blooper?  Shall we take a poll?

This definetely was one of the classics.  I guess it wasn't a good day for R.D. because he also flubs his lines again that same day as he's talking to Edward. ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 12:16:05 AM »
I thought about him, kuanyin....but if I'm not mistaken, they always referred to him after the duel as "The Ghost of Jeremiah"....perhaps summoning a ghost was just 'practice' compared to actually raising the dead?

No, she actually did raise Jeremiah as a Zombie - if you will recall, he took her and put her in his own grave. We also saw him crawl his way out of his grave - well, the hand, anyway. Later he appeared as a ghost as well, this is where you saw him listed as "ghost of."

Frequently I think she's just a plot device.  The writers paint themselves into a corner, and then they bring on Angelique (who ignores the laws of both heaven and physics)  and  gets them out of it. [crazd]

This is especially true in 1897, where Angelique is peripheral to most of the stories. It seems as if they really didn't know what to do with her in this timeline. They realized Angelique was a popular character with viewers and wanted her on the show but had no idea what to do with her.