Author Topic: The Vampire Diaries  (Read 13792 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The Vampire Diaries
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
MB, I hope you'll be keeping your eye out on our behalf (or is it behalves?) for a fantastic deal on The Vampire Diaries season 2 like the one that Amazon had last year for season 1.

I keep forgetting to mention that I received an e-mail from Amazon on Monday saying that they will be having the Black Friday Week deals again this year. The sale starts on the 21st - though none of the details of what will be on sale during which hours of which days has been released yet. But even if TVD isn't a part of the sale this year, there will probably be dozens of other great deals to watch out for...

Interestingly, TVD's 2nd season had been for sale at Amazon for $24.99 for several weeks, but I noticed that this week it went up to $31.99. Though even at that it's still cheaper than the regular price at most stores (and cheaper that what Amazon was selling the 1st season for last year at this time, which was $37.99). But I'm still holding out hope that the 2nd season will be reduced to $12.99 for the Black Friday Week sale, just like the 1st season was last year. (On Black Friday it was also $12.99 at Target last year - but you have to be one of the first people through the door when they open to be lucky enough to get a copy at Target at that price.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
The good news: TVD Season 2 is currently on sale at Amazon for the unbelievable price of $9.99. The bad news: something screwy is going on at Amazon and no one seems to be able to buy it. The set is one of the Lightning Deals from 8:30am PST to 12:30pm PST, but when you try to order it, the order does not go through - and if you try to go through the ordering process again, Amazon tells you that you've aready claimed the deal even though you haven' because your order didn't actually go throught. And the reason I know mine isn't an isolated case is that I have several friends who've also tried to order the set and we've all experienced the same problem - and I just got off the phone with Amazon support, who said they are aware of the problem, they're trying to fix it, and we should all try to order the set again in about 2 hours. And we should disregard that it says that such and such a percentage of the sets are already sold because those are sets that are attributed to order attempts that have never actually gone through. The whole situation seems to be a big mess.  [hall2_rolleyes]

However, if all this is too much for anyone to deal with, TVD Season 2 will supposedly be on sale for the rest of the day at Amazon for $12.99 starting at 12:30pm PST (3:30pm EST). And that's the same price that Season 1 went for during Amazon's Lightning deal last year. And that's a great deal. But who's to say the same sort of problems won't still be going on if they're not actually fixed by the time the Lightning deal ends?  [hall2_undecided]

But if you want to abandon Amazon altogether TVD Season 2 is also on sale today on Target's Web site for $12.99. However, there you will have to pay shipping (even on orders over $25) - and you will also have to pay sales tax if applicable in your state. Though it might be worth it if the same hassle continues to go on at Amazon. And even with tax/shipping, the final cost will still be cheaper than Amazon's and other Web site's and store's regular prices.  [hall2_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2011, 10:42:41 PM »
I got season 2 today at FYE today for $17.99.  It's more than the prices MB saw, but it was in the store, nice and simple.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:48 PM »
That's still an excellent price, and it comes close to what people would have been able to get it for by ordering from Target's Web site.  [hall2_smiley]

I was able to get the set for $9.99 from Amazon - but not until after both a phone call (which got me nowhere - but I swear it went to India) and a polite but disgruntled e-mail (which finally did the trick).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Ask Matt: Vampire Diaries
(The first question.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator