Author Topic: Quentin's trip to Egypt  (Read 2365 times)

Connie

Re: Quentin's trip to Egypt
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2002, 01:36:46 PM »
The only thing I can think of that deals with Quentin's time in Egypt is the story The Untold Tale, by sheenasma.  It's not some big adventure mind you, it's only a small part of the story.  But it DOES deal with him in Egypt and it's the only story I've come across that does.  Plus, if you're looking for good reading, this is it - particularly now that we're getting into the 1897 storyline.

I don't know exactly where it's posted.  I saved the chapters and don't know if I saved the link to the website I found it on.   Anyone know where it's posted?

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002, 03:49:31 PM »
The only thing I can think of that deals with Quentin's time in Egypt is the story The Untold Tale, by sheenasma.  It's not some big adventure mind you, it's only a small part of the story.  But it DOES deal with him in Egypt and it's the only story I've come across that does.  Plus, if you're looking for good reading, this is it - particularly now that we're getting into the 1897 storyline.

I don't know exactly where it's posted.  I saved the chapters and don't know if I saved the link to the website I found it on.   Anyone know where it's posted?

It's at: http://hometown.aol.com/abarnabas/main.html

carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2002, 04:09:36 PM »
In a rare show of restraint from the special effects people, we never actually SEE one in its native form. :)

And we should all be very, very grateful ;)

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Leviathan storyline, Raineypark.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 08:38:50 PM »
On the topic of Leviathan:

I was intrigued recently while watching a video that included a clip from a 1967 underground film about the Church of Satan, "Satanis," to learn that in the liturgy of that church, the Evil One was addressed as Leviathan in their invocations.

Perhaps one of the writers actually saw that film at one of the art film festivals in NYC and that is where this came from?  

I've always wondered where they got from the Leviathan of the Bible to the notion of DS of an ancient race that once held mastery over the Earth, nomenclature wise.

As for originality, I think the Dream Curse was fairly original, though you may not care for it very much!  I've wondered, though, whether the idea for it may have been suggested by E. F. Benson's wonderful tale, The Room in the Tower.

And Count Petofi is a pretty original "creature" although presumably suggested by tales of such magicians as Cagliostro, the Comte de Saint Germain, and Ally (NOT McBeal) Crowley.

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2002, 08:47:03 PM »
Connie, I'm so glad you brought up Sheenasma's The Untold Tale.  It's my favorite ff story, and the title says it all.