Author Topic: Better late than never?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Better late than never?
« on: November 05, 2002, 04:52:09 PM »
I apologize for not doing any of my columns lately--you can blame my job hunt, classes and one of my professors for that :( --however, I do have some notes and things from episodes that aired in October.  Is there any interest in me posting a column on those?  If not, I'll try and get caught up into the madness that is now 1897 . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Better late than never?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 05:04:43 PM »
Luciaphil,
    I am a big fan of your column and as much as I want a column I think that people reading it might be more in touch with the storyline currently airing. Well, thats my opinion for what it worth.  Waiting anxiously for your next column.  
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 05:23:14 PM »
You know me....I'd be happy to read any shorthand notes you scribbled on a scrap of paper!!  

But you do what works for you.

And good luck on the mutiple pursuits of job, and degree!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 09:31:41 PM »
    By the way, Luciaphil, don't throw those notes away because they might come in handy when the story moves back to modern times.  Looking forward to your snappy column.  I hope I'm not putting too much pressure on you because it sounds like you have enough stress already but I just love your column.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2002, 02:39:45 AM »
If you have time, I'd love to read your observations on the October episodes (I'm sure that even your rough notes would be highly entertaining) but do whatever works best for you.  Believe me, I understand busy schedules.  :)

Cheers,

Linda

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2002, 04:00:56 AM »
I was wondering when we would get to read more "Idle Thoughts."  I would love to see your observations of the previous storyline, but if time and opportunity are factors, I would happily settle for reading just a recap of anything that particularly stood out for you.  

ProfStokes

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 07:09:45 AM »
Whatever you like!  Of course they would be enjoyable, but it's obviously not necessary if too time consuming for you.

Sometimes one forgets details, so if your notes of past items include clothing commentary, more than likely I won't remember what you're referring to!  But, I'm sure we're all familiar enough with what went on recently to enjoy them if you post them.

Your comments on 1897 will be wonderful, but if you do decide to do the others, too, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
Josette

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2002, 09:41:39 PM »
;D  HURRAY!!  So glad you're back...I check every day (yeah, I know - I need to get a life).  I'll be happy to read anything you write!!!!

c'ya!

Franimal

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2002, 11:59:06 AM »
Hey, I've been wondering when you'd get back here!

Luciaphil, I enjoy reading your Idle thoughts & observaions on the show so it would be great to see anything that you posted whether it was just scrap notes or not.  But considering how busy you are it's up to you to see how much you can post.

Good luck with the job hunting & your degree! :-)
"Calamity Jane"