Author Topic: DeepDiscount Super Summer Sale  (Read 744 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
DeepDiscount Super Summer Sale
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
I thought I'd pass along that deepdiscount.com is holding their Super Summer Sale through June 19th. However, it's only on select DVDs, Blu-rays, etc. - AND it's best to check their prices against places like amazon.com because in some cases Amazon's regular price is actually a bit cheaper. Though one advantage with DD is that they offer free shipping on all orders - one doesn't have to spend $25 or more.

Summer Sale!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DeepDiscount Super Summer Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
Though one advantage with DD is that they offer free shipping on all orders - one doesn't have to spend $25 or more.

I don't think that's true anymore.  A friend of mine recently tried to place an order and couldn't get the free shipping without meeting a $14 minimum.

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Did your friend try to buy something that was part of the sale? I was simply going by that for the sale it says "take an additional 25% off our already low price + FREE Shipping!" If everyone isn't getting free shipping for every order regardless of price, then that statement is very deceptive.  [ghost_angry]  They should have definitely qualified their statement if it isn't true as written.  [ghost_rolleyes]  Though that being said, $14 is still cheaper than $25.  [ghost_wink]

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »
Man, I used to love DeepDiscount, especially their big summer and fall/winter sales.  They used to put *everything* on sale, and it was quite a good time to take the plunge ordering things that had been on my wishlist.  And I don't remember ever not getting free shipping, even on small orders such as a single CD.  But I realize that I probably haven't ordered anything from there in a year or two, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did instill a minimum order of $14 for free shipping :(  Also, anyone planning to order anything should definitely heed MB's advice and shop around first.  I think the main reason I haven't ordered from there in awhile is that their prices really aren't bargains anymore, even with a so-called sale price.  But it's worth a try.  I'm trying to think of anything major that I've been wanting, to see if it'll be on sale there; either way, thanks for the heads up MB!

Cathy