Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1221  (Read 832 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1221
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1221
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
We hear Bram remembering Catherine's pregnancy declaration, which I mention just because someone, maybe Lydia, thought it was probably just mentioned once.   This unnecessary possible bit of rudeness, pointing out a small error,  on my part is motivated only by the fact that I have so little to say, today.   

For a second, I thought Bram was going to bite Catherine!  He had that look...   Morgan goes into the Room, end.   If it had been Catherine, I might expect her to turn into a PT1840/1 Angelique.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
maybe Lydia
No, I don't think it was I.  It doesn't ring even the faintest of bells.

For a second or two, I thought (and I'm sure the writers meant me to think) that Daphne was going to pull an Angelique: full of sweet promises before the wedding ceremony, but insanely jealous afterwards.  But Daphne was good, because Daphne is good.  And if she had known that Bramwell and Catherine had kissed, she would probably still have been good.  But then, she didn't see the kiss, which despite Magnus's angle on that scene, looked to me like about the sweetest kiss I've ever seen on Dark Shadows.  I must add, however, that there was something nice about the perfunctory kiss between Bramwell and Daphne.

And here's what I want to know: does Daphne have her sister pegged right?  Is Catherine hoping the Room will kill her and put an end to all her problems, which are more serious than Daphne knows?  And if Catherine goes into the Room, and dies, will Bramwell go completely off the rails (which would be something to see!) or will he give up and settle down and try to make a life with Daphne?  Or both?

How is it that the portrait of Barnabas ended up at Collinwood?  The great house, I mean.  There seems to be such a split between the two branches of the Collins family that I can't imagine why the great house folks would ever have wanted that portrait.  Morgan objected to giving Bramwell any wedding present at all, but I imagine that when he learned what Flora and Julia had decided on, he was pleased to be getting the portrait out of the house.

I keep feeling sorry for Lara Parker, who clearly has a cold, and I keep reminding myself that when my voice is changed that way by a cold, usually it's after the worst is over, so what I need to do is to go back and watch the episodes before Parker's voice goes strange, and feel sorry for her then.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
I don't have any idea of how Barnabas's portrait ended up at Collinwood, but it's such a hilarious example of Julia's thrift that she gives the newlyweds a present that won't cost the family a dime!

That was a very nice kiss that Bramwell and Catherine shared on the veranda--too bad it's also adulterous. And later on, Catherine flings herself and her unborn child by another man into her husband's arms.

Poor Daphne! I wonder what her wedding night--the same night that Morgan goes into the Locked Room--will be like. Perfunctory on Bramwell's part, I'm sure. But I'm sure she'll be consumed with worry, still thinking that Catherine is in the Locked Room, so maybe she won't notice (much) that Bramwell's attentions aren't as ardent as she would like.

Morgan may be obsessively jealous but he's not all bad--I get the feeling that he really loves Catherine and is sacrificing himself for her sake. Now he has yet another string to his bow--in addition to painting (never mentioned again) and gravedigging, he's now an amateur locksmith.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »
I keep feeling sorry for Lara Parker, who clearly has a cold, and I keep reminding myself that when my voice is changed that way by a cold, usually it's after the worst is over, so what I need to do is to go back and watch the episodes before Parker's voice goes strange, and feel sorry for her then.

LOL!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor