Author Topic: Edith Collins  (Read 1410 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Edith Collins
« on: October 26, 2002, 04:57:18 AM »
Ok, I'm a dork. Even with Luciaphil's comment about Edith to me the other day, I still didn't put it together. It wasn't until it was spelled out for me that I actually caught on that Edith played by Terry Crawford  and "Grandmamama" were the same character. Now I'm wondering what else I'm missing. Gak!

Loved today's shows, loved, loved, loved them! Got to see Edward, Judith got some lines and some good ones, Quentin tries to kill Grandmama and they STILL keep him around. I think Isabella Hoopes is just, well, GRAND! The dock floozy was even one of the better ones. When Carl enters the picture, it will be just about perfect.

I can't even think of a snide remark to make today. [wink2]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Collins (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:51:32 PM »
Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't there a HUGE continuity error with the death of Edith in 1840?  Since she was the grandmother of Judith, Quinten, Edward, and Carl in 1897, her death in 1840 (before she and Garbriel had chilldren) would have prevented the four grandchildren from having been born.  If Edward had not been born, there would have been no Daniel, no Roger, and no David.  There also would have been no Elizabeth nor Carolyn.  Thus the entire family that existed in 1966 would never have been born, so Vickie would never have taken the train to Collinsport for a job at Collinwood.

I won't even begin to discuss what Angelique/Valerie/Miranda's death in 1840 would have meant for the 1897 and 1968 time periods.  Also, would Gregory Trask have existed in 1897 following the death of Lamar Trask in 1840/1841PT?

Needless to say, the events in 1840 certainly changed more than there being no Gerard's ghost in 1970.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:35:45 PM »
her death in 1840 (before she and Garbriel had chilldren) would have prevented the four grandchildren from having been born.

It's established during the 1840/41 storyline that Edith and Gabriel's children are away at school.  :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:06:54 PM »
Also, would Gregory Trask have existed in 1897 following the death of Lamar Trask in 1840/1841PT?

Not if the 1795 Trask had an unmentioned other son.  Besides, a much older brother of Lamar fits better with Gregory's claim that he's the great great grandson of the 1795 Reverend.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Collins
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:58:35 AM »
As was already mentioned, Gabriel and Edith did have children, so that part's no problem, but we did see an alive (although dying) Edith in 1897, so that is still a major flaw.
Josette

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 08:41:14 PM »
Perhaps one of the unnamed children of 1840 Edith was also named Edith.  Then she and her child had children at early enough ages for the crew of Judith, Edward, Quinten, and Carl to be the "unnamed" Edith's grandchildren.  With all of the "secrets" that the old 1897 Edith would have had to carry around, that could explain why she might have appeared prematurely old in 1897.   ???

You are right about Trask.  That can be more easily explained.  And with Angelique, [spoiler]her death in 1840 would have just eliminated her from the 1897 and 1968 events.  That would not have had a major impact on other events during those timelines.  Although, she was responsible for saving Barnabas in 1897.[/spoiler]

This all brings up the question:  If an event has already occurred in the present, is it changed by someone later going into the past and changing the events leading up to it?  You would have to tend to think so.

(edited by mod.)
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
While we're on the subject of Edith, does it strike anyone as as strange when in 1897 [spoiler]at Quentin's coffin, Judith and Carl remember Quentin number 2 was both grandfather's (Gabriel) and grandmamama's (Edith) favorite....yet in the 1840 storyline it's clear Gabriel and Edith hate Quentin number 1 with a passion.

I always wondered why Gabriel and Edith would favor a grandson named after the brother/brother-in-law they both despised equally, especially since he was a dead ringer for him.[/spoiler]