Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1210  (Read 927 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1210
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1210
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
Quentin suggests that a "seafaring man from the Orient" brought the plague with him to Collinsport. Ah, the mysterious East, that hotbed of pestilence and disembodied heads!

Given what Quentin said about telling the truth in the previous episode, it's too bad we don't get to see the police grilling him and his mother about Stella's death.

Meanwhile, this is still Morgan and Catherine's wedding night. And Catherine, why oh why are you so desperate to start making babies right away?  [ghost_wink] But seriously, if I had gotten a letter like Bramwell's last before his voyage, I would have just melted. Morgan was cruel in burning Bramwell's letters, but Catherine should never have left that one on the mantelpiece. It's understandable why he doesn't want children, but Catherine's passionate nature has already gotten the better of her.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »
Nice scene with Melanie and Catherine.  Melanie sees herself as having no choices, and she's right: ever since she made the uninformed, childish choice to go into the Room to help her father, her life has been ruled by her "attacks".  Catherine says we always have choices, and indeed Catherine does have choices - but she sure has chosen badly!

I've never been married, so I don't know.  Is it true that, as we see in fiction, marriage reveals people's true colors?  It was howlingly wrong of Morgan to wait until after the wedding to tell Catherine that he didn't want children, but he's making it clear that he thinks it's his right to dictate to his wife in every detail.  Catherine did have some idea, however, of his dictatorial nature before they married.  And she probably liked it - then.

Morgan was cruel in burning Bramwell's letters, but Catherine should never have left that one on the mantelpiece.
Yes, another bad choice by Catherine.

I liked the use of the word "burning" in the final scene, going from the dream to real life.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:23:41 AM »
Lara in VO says we're in PT1840!  Still!   Also, she is briefly dyslexic or spoonerish or something, saying Brutus died in 1860 rather than 1680.   

PTQ thinks he's Elliot.   All Qs are semi-experts on the supernatural, I guess.   Morgan admits to a sense of inferiority, and perhaps that he overcompensates for it, when he says he needed to know that he can "win".
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »
he's making it clear that he thinks it's his right to dictate to his wife in every detail.  Catherine did have some idea, however, of his dictatorial nature before they married.  And she probably liked it - then.

It was pretty much common practice in RT for the men of this time to dictate to their wifes. Lucky for the woman of PT, it seems to be the same in that time band too.  [sad3]

Lara in VO says we're in PT1840!  Still!   Also, she is briefly dyslexic or spoonerish or something, saying Brutus died in 1860 rather than 1680.

Which pretty much negates all the date references in that particular voiceover.  [wink2]