Author Topic: Dr. Hoffman--the quick quack  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Hoffman--the quick quack
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2002, 08:49:46 AM »
But LUVED how she told Ned, "i'll send you a bill." such deadpan that was wonderful.

I love that "send you a bill" line - one of my favorites!

The one thing I don't understand though, is the fact that I thought Chris told Barn that the first time he changed into a werewolf was the time that Sabrina had walked in on him to ready his apt. for a surprise party. But if that was the case then he shouldn't have had the shackles because he didn't know he was going to turn into a werewolf.

No, two separate incidents.  Initially, he told Barnabas about when it first happened.  I think shortly after college.  By this time it's been happening to him, but I think he said it was the first time anyone else saw it happen.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2002, 08:56:48 AM »

No, two separate incidents.  Initially, he told Barnabas about when it first happened.  I think shortly after college.  By this time it's been happening to him, but I think he said it was the first time anyone else saw it happen.

Thanks Josette!

dom

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2002, 11:22:25 AM »
Dom Wrote:

Looks like the only way to get away from him is to escape into another century.

Or send him into the Masoleum's secret room with Chris![vryevl]

You know, I remember this too but what I don't get is why on earth would he let himself "get engaged to be married" when he knew perfectly well what was happening to himself every time the moon was full?
Wasn't this the sole reason for breaking up with Carolyn?
What was he going to do when he married Sabrina? Tell her he's going sking every time there's a full moon?? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2002, 02:53:36 PM »
Dom Wrote:

Or send him into the Masoleum's secret room with Chris![vryevl]

You know, I remember this too but what I don't get is why on earth would he let himself "get engaged to be married" when he knew perfectly well what was happening to himself every time the moon was full?
Wasn't this the sole reason for breaking up with Carolyn?
What was he going to do when he married Sabrina? Tell her he's going sking every time there's a full moon?? [hdscrt]

When people are in love, they do the damnedest things and have the most impossible expectations at times (as alot of us have learned). Maybe he thought he would be able to gain control over his affliction.  He didn't want what happened to Sabrina to happen to Carolyn so he sent her packing.  The werewolf kills and the fact that he didn't kill Sabrina is interesting.

Ned was the most obnoxious character with all that 'handsy', 'touchy-feeling' stuff going on.  
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2002, 05:51:47 AM »
Perhaps Julia passed out all that dope to lay the groundwork for turning Wyndcliffe into a posh rehab clinic.

That's where the money is!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2002, 07:56:21 AM »

Ain't that the truth! I wanted a few Valium from my primary for pre/post op office laser surgery and all I got was ONE lousy 5mg tablet to take one hour prior to procedure.  Once it wore off, I was back to being a nervous nellie with the discomfort.  I did get pain meds but they make me sleepy when I want to be aware and just relaxed enough to cope.  Maybe I should've called Dr. Hoffman instead--I'm sure she would've had a few to spare in her medical bag.

The One eyed bandit

that is so true carol i asked for a valium(or serax )the night before my surgery and was told Oh take a tynenol PM where is Julia when you need her?

jennifer
glad you did well

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2002, 06:19:42 PM »
Tylenol PM?! The hell?!

Those stupid doctors like to keep all the good stuff for themselves!

[roll3]

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Connie

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2002, 11:54:52 AM »
Tylenol PM?! The hell?!

Those stupid doctors like to keep all the good stuff for themselves![roll3]

Yeah!  At least JULIA passed her stuff around.  LOL
Ever notice she never seems to have uppers?  Only downers?
I think maybe she kept the uppers for herself (which is why she never needs much sleep).

-CLC  8)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 05:10:07 AM »
Actually Julia gave an upper to Barney to keep him from having the dream. I also plan to record everytime she passes out a sedative when I watch all the eps.  I am sure the number will be staggering!! LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 05:36:45 AM »
Another tally we could have been keeping. Where were all these great ideas before the Watching Project started back in January '07?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 06:59:50 AM »
I don't think I was part of the board at that time MB.  I have started watching DS The Collectors series and of course Julia hasn't arrived.  I am watching the beginning and the watching project together (I didn't become a full poster until lately) so I just jumped on the WP where it was at.  I wish I could have started from the begnining with you guys!! Will we repeat the watching project after this one is finished??

I was a shy lurker but I am glad I have come out I enjoy the boards immensly! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
i had always hoped since ex-lax was a big daytime sponser on DS that the writers would have had Dr. Julia pass out a few of those from her bag instead of the ready made injections and sedative pill that were hard to swallow....[spoiler]remember when she was concerned that Adam would not be able to swallow a pill to make him sleep just after he came to life?[/spoiler]

Can you imagine some of the great disappearing acts of Collinwood elite if they had Hoffman hand out the ex -lax instead of the sedatives....candy or suppository...whats the dif?

And since the good doctor hoffman was a bigger quack than the AFLACK duck, who at Collinwood would come back to complain about a little thing like constipation...Roger, Mrs. Johnson?? ?? ? after eating her boiled dinners it would of been a line up at Dr. Hoffmans little bag to get some relief [ghost_mad]
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.