Author Topic: The house guest from Hell  (Read 1625 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The house guest from Hell
« on: October 16, 2002, 05:51:43 AM »
I realized today that no matter how much my life sucks, at least I DON'T have Ned Stuart walking in the door and refusing to leave! And it gave me a lot to be grateful for, too. That whole scene is so ridiculous anyway. I mean NOONE enters someone's home and intends to wait for hours for them to return, at least not in those circumstances. And telling Julia and Barney it's OK for them to go! Uh, yeah, right.  (Alternate reality: they leave and Chris comes home to a stripped bare place. Julia and Barney are astonished and try to explain, "But Chris, he SAID he knew you! He said it was OK!")

I must say that I find Barney's wanting to help Chris quite touching. This is the first thing he has done that has nothing in it for him.  (I don't think getting all fired up about helping the Collinses counts.) It is a pleasant change that Barney isn't  out for anything and he hasn't tried to kill Naggie or risk her life in quite a while even! It is a good thing we have a couple of new supernatural beings around or it would be getting dull.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The house guest from Hell
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 07:49:57 AM »
I can't believe what wimps Barnabas and Julia are.  Why couldn't they  just tell him Chris won't be coming home tonight, they are  leaving the cottage and he has to leave too, and tell him that if he won't leave they'll call the police.  Whenever someone bullies them they just stand there looking so helpless.  

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 01:25:32 PM »
If I were Ned, and thank God I'm not, I would want to know what they were doing there.  Chris is out and there hanging around his place?  Hmm....

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 03:35:12 PM »
I It is a good thing we have a couple of new supernatural beings around or it would be getting dull.

Face it... They need Angelique in the mix!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 03:50:14 PM »
I got to watch Dark Shadows yesterday on Sci-Fi (which by next week I will get to watch everyday).

I really realized I think David is child from hell.  I know that is part of the storyline.  However, it also seems that if David doesnt get his way, he runs into the woods, the old house, or wherever.  And people have to go searching for him.  It seems likes David is always running away, gets trap, or lost.  Of course it has something to do with a supernatural.. Doesnt anyone realized that David will grow up to be a disturb man.

As for Ned, I just thought the "the point"
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 07:58:46 PM »
i'm telling you Ned needs to be fixed up with Olivia Corey
they can fight over the mirror!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 08:18:43 PM »
I really realized I think David is child from hell.  

Spoiler.....

Save that comment for Michael Todd in the Leviathan storyline...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 11:39:44 PM »
I can't believe what wimps Barnabas and Julia are.  Why couldn't they  just tell him Chris won't be coming home tonight, they are  leaving the cottage and he has to leave too, and tell him that if he won't leave they'll call the police.  Whenever someone bullies them they just stand there looking so helpless.  

Yeah.  I know Barnabas wants to be courteous and all that, but I was just wishing that he would tell Ned, "GET LOST", and then shove him out the door.
Julia had the right idea--
Ned: "I'm in the way?"
Julia: "Well, yes."

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 11:49:06 PM »
It is a pleasant change that Barney isn't  out for anything and he hasn't tried to kill Naggie or risk her life in quite a while even!

Sshhhhh! Don't give him any ideas! God forbid Julia realize Chris could be saved if they sacrifice an innocent, like they had to with the Adam and Eve experiments. Barnabas will be pulling Maggie aside again before you know it!

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 02:08:27 AM »
After watching Ned Stuart today I found little difference between him and Jeff Clark.  He looks like him, sounds like him,rants like him and is obnoxious like him.  This would leave me to believe that either Roger Davis has no range or Ned really is another reincarnation of Peter Bradford here to do who knows what kind of evil.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2002, 03:51:11 AM »
This would leave me to believe that either Roger Davis has no range or Ned really is another reincarnation of Peter Bradford here to do who knows what kind of evil.

It's the former.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2002, 10:43:05 AM »
I got to watch Dark Shadows yesterday on Sci-Fi (which by next week I will get to watch everyday).

I really realized I think David is child from hell.  I know that is part of the storyline.  However, it also seems that if David doesnt get his way, he runs into the woods, the old house, or wherever.  And people have to go searching for him.  It seems likes David is always running away, gets trap, or lost.  Of course it has something to do with a supernatural.. Doesnt anyone realized that David will grow up to be a disturb man.

Not only that he decides to run out of the house at 3AM in the morning!! So between 3 and 5am Maggie's outside trampling through the woods looking for him and not once does she stop to think, "hey, maybe I should go and wake up his father!"   Not too mention that there's still an "animal" loose somewhere out there in the woods. [hdscrt]

Now we know that Maggie must have gotten to bed well after 5am, since she had to sit with David until he fell asleep.  Then later on at 8:30am she comes downstairs and looks pretty well rested as if she's had a good 8 hours sleep!  I wish I had their energy!

Jennifer Wrote:

i'm telling you Ned needs to be fixed up with Olivia Corey
they can fight over the mirror!

LOL!!  Ain't that the truth!
"Calamity Jane"