Author Topic: The Mentalist Shoots At Greystone For The Second Time This Season  (Read 796 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As per usual, I'm behind on watching the programs that I record, and I just finished watching last Thursday's (the 31st's) ep of The Mentalist. Imagine my surprise to discover that part of it was shot at Greystone, which makes it the second ep of the series to shoot at Greystone this season. I didn't actually catch it at first because the first scene to take place inside the house used mostly very tight shots on the individual characters - but as soon as things moved to another room, I immediately recognized it as the room that was used as the dining room in the '91 series. Turns out the first scene as well as a later flashback scene were shot in what was used as the Old House's drawing room. And unlike NCIS, each room was filled with furnishings and accessories. The money NCIS saved on their shoot must have been donated to The Mentalist for their shoot because who knows how much it must have cost them for all the stuff they filled the rooms with?!  [lghy]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: The Mentalist Shoots At Greystone For The Second Time This Season
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:38:36 PM »
Hi  MB  i never watched that  show it  looks  really good.  Glad  they shooting the scenes  from  DS  again.
I used to love  show  "24"   but thats  not  on the air anymore.
                                            Love   Anne [snow_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »
I missed it, so thanks, MB!  Couldn't find a clip showing any Greystone scenes, but the episode trailer has one in front of the "drawing room" fireplace:

http://www.tvrage.com/The_Mentalist/episodes/1065022418?trailer=1

I'd never seen that room so empty as it was in NCIS, and now I can say I've never seen it so chock-full of furniture and tchotchkes.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:04:46 PM »
Since we couldn't find any video of the full ep, I decided to do some screen captures:

What really threw me off at first: the supposed exterior of the house, which is clearly not Greystone:

But as we all know, in the world of Hollywood magic, the exteriors and interiors are quite often not the same house. And on to those interiors:

The "drawing room".

Two views of the "dining room" (which was used as a study on The Mentalist.

And if I hadn't been certain that the interiors were actually Greystone, once the flashback scene came up, I certainly would have been because of -

The telltale decorative support for the minstrel gallery in the "drawing room".

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:09:53 AM »
Wow!   thanks MB   the  rooms  are really nice! Thanks  for  sharing them with us.
                   Love   Anne   [snow_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow