Author Topic: "The Lost Dark Shadows"  (Read 811 times)

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
"The Lost Dark Shadows"
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:27:18 PM »
Blog I wrote for Vampires.com:  http://www.vampires.com/the-lost-dark-shadows/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: "The Lost Dark Shadows"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »
Thanks.  That's very cool to know that that clip is available on www.alecnewman.net.  I just watched it, and remembered again how much I enjoyed Newman's performance as Barnabas. 

If the entire show had maintained this kind of atmosphere, I might have been happier with the results of the pilot.  Just speaking personally.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: "The Lost Dark Shadows"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »
I couldn't agree more with what you've written, Zahir. But considering the previous exchanges we've had here on the forum about the pilot, I suspect you probably already know that.  [snow_wink]

I can't help but wonder what would have happened had Rob Bowman directed the pilot rather than abandoned it to direct the ill-fated film Elektra. His decision didn't do the pilot or his film career (or Jennifer Garner's acting career) any favors. Though, considering how high the WB was on Verheiden's script, and given Bowman's great directing work on The X-Files and the '91 Series, I feel certain that Bowman would have delivered not only a finished pilot, but one that the WB would have picked up. But I suppose that it just wasn't meant to be...