Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1179_1180  (Read 758 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1179_1180
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »
Robservations #1179_1180

And remember:
Friday, March 25: No Episode, originally Friday, January 1, 1971 was New Year's Day

[8285][occasion18] [drunk22] [occasion16] [toast] [occasion16] [drunk22] [occasion18] [8285]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1179_1180
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:21:43 AM »
The one worthwhile part of the trial... Barnabas appears in courtroom, Lamar's head bits rain down on the multitude.   Great DS moment.   Lamar's insides are turning into a quivering mass of jelly as he "testifies"!  He is now less-than-gloaty.

As for Barnabas confronting Trask later, Trask, you know, still has... a gun!   He could still use it, and he's rattled enough to do it mindless of legal consequences.   Maybe Barnabas's mind games were meant to convince LT that bullets couldn't touch such a scary, unspecified supernatural creature as he, as a sort of insurance against being shot.

I think Barnabas feels a part of a very strange sort of extended family, that includes Collinses over 200 years.   He's very protective of this group (except when he's not (what if Flora had found him out?).  Anyway, strange family relationship.   His "family" doesn't know him.   Maybe he's always making up for having been declared a family outcast by Joshua.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:57:03 AM »
Barnabas's big entrance doesn't thrill me as much as it's intended to.  I'd exchange it gladly for the sight of Julia and Angelique breaking down the brick wall and rescuing Barnabas, and perhaps quarreling over whether witchcraft or 20th century medicine would have the best restorative powers for him.  And did they build the brick wall back up to add artistic verisimilitude to Barnabas's suggestion to Trask that he did, in fact, die?

Joanna's big entrance, on the other hand, is a major bright spot for me in 1840.  We have been told over and over again that she's dead!  And golly, what's Quentin going to do about Daphne now that Joanna is alive?  What's Daphne going to do?

I was surprised, when Trask claimed to be ill after Barnabas entered the courtroom, that nobody suggested that Quentin was practicing witchcraft on him.  Granted, Quentin was right there in the room, so they couldn't see him doing anything, but that wouldn't prove that he wasn't in fact doing anything.

And what's with this idea that if you can get in touch with a dead person, you must be a witch?  By that logic, was there anybody on Dark Shadows who wasn't a witch?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
Well I for one enjoyed seeing Barnabas walk into the courtroom and seeing Lamar look like he was ready to have a stroke any minute. Basically I always enjoy it when Barnabas gets the upper hand on a Trask, regardless of which time period.

But I have to admit I too would have liked to have actually seen his rescue by Julia and Angelique.  But no way would I sacrifice the satisfaction of seeing Barnabas making Trask quake in his boots.

Magnus mentioned Trask had a gun...I don't think he had it with him when he was in the courtroom or when Barnabas confronted him. At the time he began to testify he believed Barnabas was dead, and I think he was just too jolted by Barnabas' sudden appearance for him to think enough to get the gun since leaving the courtroom, though honestly he should have. Forget revenge, how about for his own protection? He should have realized on his own that Barnabas would be out to get him.

Joanna's appearance in the courtroom was indeed a highlight. She indeed will cause quite a stir to the most important people in her life. And I can just imagine Gerard just dying to take advantage of the situation.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
Very good to see you back, ILB!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor