Author Topic: David Darts  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: David Darts
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2002, 01:04:44 AM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Well, actually, no.  I think it depends on your interpretation of "growing up."

Carrie, at least, seemed like she was easily 15 or 16.  Tad wasn't around much because Henesy left the show, and both were clearly too old to be playing with dollhouses and rocking horses.

What you have to understand is that in that time period, girls commonly married very young.  Carrie, (who seemed to be into the flirting scene already--less interested in dolls than in men) could have been married as is and would not have been occasioned much comment.

I was thinking of the marrying young, at least for girls, but I assumed that Carrie was supposed to be around 14.  While her interests were clearly developing in that direction, I got the impression that she still wasn't quite considered grown up.  I really don't know anything about what children played with in those days, but I assumed that they remained more like "children" for longer than they do now.
Josette

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2002, 03:46:09 AM »
Kuanyin,

Do you remember the game called pick-up-sticks?

Well, YES, now that you mention it! I wouldn't have remembered them without your asking though. WHAT was the purpose of them? I tried to play them, just as I TRIED jacks/jax/whatever, but the whole thing was just...lame. I am definately not one for telling my kids how much better my childhood was. Give me their Playstation 2 anyday.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2002, 05:19:41 AM »
Maybe someone was feeling suicidal, so they just handed the darts over to David...

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2002, 05:24:51 AM »
 Do you remember the game called pick-up-sticks?

My daughter and I just got home a little while ago from a birthday party at our neighbors house, and one of the prizes my daughter won was pick-up-sticks.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan