Author Topic: "Quoting Mutiple Posts"  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
"Quoting Mutiple Posts"
« on: October 11, 2002, 10:55:50 PM »
I think this was mentioned before by Midnite on one of the threads,  but I can't find it now.  What I want to know is how to "quote" posts from more than one poster at a time and then use those quotes to reply to a message?   I still can't figure this out.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: "Quoting Mutiple Posts"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 11:19:33 PM »
Take a look at "Quoting Text - Help" on page 6 of Testing 1,2,3. ;)

Rainey

And when YOU have it straight, perhaps you can explain it to me!! :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 11:34:24 PM »
Oops.  It's now on p. 1 instead of p. 6.  Raineypark and I were attempting to answer at the same time, apparently.  (Thanks, dear!)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2002, 06:51:48 AM »
Raineypark and I were attempting to answer at the same time, apparently.  (Thanks, dear!)

Yes, thanks! I've been busy trying to fix Jump To menu so categories will work again and I haven't been checking this board as often as I should, so it's great to have someone willing to jump in and help out. :)

Hey, here's a thought, Rainey - wouldn't you like to become co-moderator? ;)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 11:50:29 AM »
Take a look at "Quoting Text - Help" on page 6 of Testing 1,2,3. ;)

Rainey

And when YOU have it straight, perhaps you can explain it to me!! :D

LOL!  Rainey I sure will when I finally figure it out.

Midnite, I went to the topic mentioned and I think I might know what you mean,  but in order to try this out for myself I need to "right click" first, right? Then copy & paste the subject quoted messages?  And since the "right click" is disabled for now there's really no way for me to give it a try.  

Do you or MB have any idea how long this will be?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2002, 05:35:04 PM »
Hey, here's a thought, Rainey - wouldn't you like to become co-moderator? ;)

Oh, now THERE'S an excellent idea! ::)

Let's ask the Luddite, techno-phobic computer illiterate, who has to ask her teenager to ¢â‚¬Ëœempty the cache' and her husband to post photos, who still pays her bills with checks that she writes out with a FOUNTAIN pen, to help on the TECHNICAL board.

We'll assume that you are suffering from sleep-deprivation dementia  because you're spending 22 hours a day keeping us up and running, and politely ignore that snarky little suggestion!

Go to bed, Pepe¢â‚¬¦..you're loosing it!! [lghy]

[smrtasy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2002, 08:35:51 PM »
in order to try this out for myself I need to "right click" first, right? Then copy & paste the subject quoted messages?  And since the "right click" is disabled for now there's really no way for me to give it a try.

Hi!  No, yes, and no.  Out of habit I'm still right clicking to paste, though eventually my brain will catch on, but it's not the only way.  You can still highlight the text that you want to C & P as usual, click Edit at the top of your browser to open the drop-down menu, click Copy (or Cut), then click Paste.

Let's ask the Luddite, techno-phobic computer illiterate, who has to ask her teenager to ¢â‚¬Ëœempty the cache' and her husband to post photos, who still pays her bills with checks that she writes out with a FOUNTAIN pen, to help on the TECHNICAL board.

Actually, what a moderator does is facilitate discussions-- acting as a group leader, keeping topics on track, spotting potential problems-- so sophisticated computer skills aren't necessary.  It's cuz we're administrators that MB and I take on other roles, like managing registrations, helping cousins with their needs, etc., though anyone can easily learn those things too (and most cousins are willing to step up to help, as you did with Cassandra).  But this is probably waaaay more info than you wanted, so I'll shut up now. :-X

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2002, 09:18:58 PM »
And I'll politely assume that you are ALSO in need of a nice long nap!!! :P

Rainey ;)
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2002, 10:19:57 PM »
Yes, thanks! I've been busy trying to fix Jump To menu so categories will work again and I haven't been checking this board as often as I should,

By George!!!  I think I've got it!!! [hello] [hello]

[beer] [beer]

Midnite Wrote:
Hi!  No, yes, and no.  Out of habit I'm still right clicking to paste, though eventually my brain will catch on, but it's not the only way.  You can still highlight the text that you want to C & P as usual, click Edit at the top of your browser to open the drop-down menu, click Copy (or Cut), then click Paste.

Thanks Midnite for reminding me about the "Edit" up at the top there. I had completely forgot all about that and like you, with force of habit, Im still trying to "right click" to copy & paste!  Thanks again Midnite, for your great help!! :-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2002, 12:19:48 AM »
By George!!!  I think I've got it!!! [hello] [hello]

[beer] [beer]

YAY, Cassandra!  (not that I ever doubted you would)

I'd love to celebrate with one of those beers, but I've been politely instructed to get some sleep, hee hee.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2002, 05:34:53 AM »
By the way, Cassandra, or anyone else, rather than having to go up to edit, etc., the easiest way for copy and paste is to hold down "Control" and press "C" for copy and and Control + V for paste.  (Control + X is "cut").
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2002, 10:58:28 AM »
By the way, Cassandra, or anyone else, rather than having to go up to edit, etc., the easiest way for copy and paste is to hold down "Control" and press "C" for copy and and Control + V for paste.  (Control + X is "cut").

Thanks Josette! This sure does help me out alot and it's good to know also!  You learn something new everyday on this computer!! :-)
"Calamity Jane"