Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1177  (Read 829 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1177
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
Robservations #1177

FAREWELL, DONNA WANDREY!

Donna Wandrey makes her final appearance on DS in this ep...

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1177
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:41:28 AM »
When I first saw this episode, I thought Professor Stokes was brought in to be the new attorney for Quentin & Desmond.  A missed opportunity.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 03:32:36 AM »
I was also thinking that TES would've made a great defence counsel, if he'd had a chance to get up to speed on the case.   I think the real reason they brought him into the story, though, was so Julia could have a warm body to recap all of 1840 to, for the sake of confused viewers.   [spoiler]They don't actually do anything with him once he's there.[/spoiler]

I like how Angelique silently overloads, hearing Julia give her story to explain Ang to Elliot.   Julia casually throws into it that A is "obsessed" with Barnabas...  it's a story so Ang can't get mad, but it's still sort of an insult and hits close to home...  It's always great when Angelique desperately needs to blow her top, but has to hold it all in!

Bye Roxanne.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:40 AM »
It's interesting that it was Roxanne, rather than Josette, who came back from the grave to save Barnabas.  In 1840, Josette should still be ready, willing, and able to weep for Barnabas.  And I'm sorry to see the last of Donna Wandrey.  I hope that if Dark Shadows hadn't been canceled, we would have seen her again.  Oh, forget about "I hope".  Nobody can prove anything, so I'm saying that if Dark Shadows hadn't been canceled, we would certainly have seen her again.  And Kathryn Leigh Scott and Alexandra Moltke would have come back too.  I just know it.

Stokes identified Bedford, where Judah Zachery's trial was held, as being in Massachusetts.  Very strange.  I like to think that Thayer David added "Massachusetts" in because he was a Massachusetts native himself and knew of the Massachusetts town of Bedford, but that doesn't help in the Dark Shadows universe, where Stokes is a Maine man and would not be likely to locate Bedford in Massachusetts by mistake.

If one function of Stokes's arrival was to give the writers a chance to recap all that has gone on so far, then why did they make it such a mishmash coming out of Julia's mouth?  Anybody who didn't know the stuff already was bound to be bewildered by it all.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »
Looked likes Stokes was coming out of a discothèque into 1840. Heh!
So he waited 36 hours for the time portal. I wonder, did he take time out to pee?
What a quick thinker Julia is. If only I could think that quickly when I get into trouble.
Kudos to Grayson Hall for remembering all that dialogue. My god!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.