Author Topic: **** VERY IMPORTANT **** Please Read  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
**** VERY IMPORTANT **** Please Read
« on: October 10, 2002, 09:41:55 AM »
First, sorry for the message that was displayed while I had the forum offline. I'd completely forgotten that I'd added the message that I'd previously taken the forum offline to restore the missing posts and IMs. :-[ (Also, sorry it took longer than expected.)

Second, because of the changes that I've just made to the forum, once everyone has read all the latest posts, you'll have to click on "Mark ALL Posts As Read" on the BoardIndex to get rid of all the "New" icons on the older posts.

And finally, I'm still working on one of the scripts, so until I say otherwise, it wouldn't be a good idea to expand or collapse any categories because you're likely to receive an error that you've tried to enter the forum in an invalid manner. :(

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: **** VERY IMPORTANT **** Please Read
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 10:27:45 AM »
until I say otherwise, it wouldn't be a good idea to expand or collapse any categories

It's safe once again to expand and collapse. ;)

Now, the only outstanding error that I know still exists is using the Jump To drop-down menu to change categories. But if anyone receives an error while they're doing something other than that, please post it in this topic and I'll investigate it as soon as I'm able. :)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 01:51:19 AM »
I am no longer able to access this site using Microsoft Internet Explorer on my Macintosh. It tells me I'm using the wrong URL and says "please use http://www.dsboards.com/ and update your bookmark" but that is the URL I'm using. I'm still able to access the site on my Windows PC. Strange

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 02:36:45 AM »
I am no longer able to access this site using Microsoft Internet Explorer on my Macintosh.

Blue_Whale_Barfly is having the same problem. (Check out "Help Now IE for Mac No Longer Works" on "Testing. 1, 2, 3...") But, unfortunately, I don't have a solution for it. :(

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 03:12:15 AM »
I'm no longer able to access the archives.  It says there's a error.  I'm not concerned--I know it'll be worked out in time.

Brian

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 08:33:33 AM »
I'm no longer able to access the archives.  It says there's a error.  I'm not concerned--I know it'll be worked out in time.

The archive has actually been offline for a few weeks now. I was doing some work on it but have gotten sidetracked by what's been happening over here. Hopefully, Brian, you'll be able to get in once I finish work on the archive's scripts. ;)

(And BTW, I honestly haven't been ignoring your ideas for the Robservations Archive. It's just that I've kind of had my hands full with other things lately. :( I keep telling myself that things will get done all in good time. [winkb])

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2002, 10:13:09 AM »
I'm sure you know about this one, but thought I'd mention it just in case.  I was at the bottom of the page listing the new posts, where it shows the total number of the new posts, and I noticed "back to main index" or something like that.  That seemed like a convenient way to go back, so I clicked it and got one of those error messages that I tried to enter the forum in an illegal manner, or whatever it says.
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 05:17:39 PM »
I am no longer able to access this site using Microsoft Internet Explorer on my Macintosh. It tells me I'm using the wrong URL and says "please use http://www.dsboards.com/ and update your bookmark" but that is the URL I'm using. I'm still able to access the site on my Windows PC. Strange

I'm getting the same thing when using Netscape (but it works fine with my Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as AOL).  But I can't save MB's fantastic collages anymore!  Sigh!

Gerard

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2002, 09:46:30 PM »
the "new" tags have disappeared on new posts on mine since this morning

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2002, 09:50:04 PM »
lol... as soon as I posted that they reappeared!

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2002, 03:15:17 AM »

(. . .I honestly haven't been ignoring your ideas for the Robservations Archive. It's just that I've kind of had my hands full with other things lately.  I keep telling myself that things will get done all in good time.

I know you aren't ignoring me. . .we all have real jobs and lives, so sometimes our cyber hobbies have to take a backseat to REAL LIFE.  (Hey, what a concept!)  And, yes, everything will get done--it's not as though you're in a rush with the clock to crank out a complete episode of DS every day.  LOL.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2002, 06:54:25 AM »
I was at the bottom of the page listing the new posts, where it shows the total number of the new posts, and I noticed "back to main index" or something like that.  That seemed like a convenient way to go back, so I clicked it and got one of those error messages

Actually, I didn't realize this, Josette, because I use my browser's Back button. Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2002, 06:56:47 AM »
But I can't save MB's fantastic collages anymore!  Sigh!

I'll have an announcement soon that will explain how people can get copies of any of the images displayed on the forum. [winkg]