Author Topic: I Have to Change My Password!!!........  (Read 764 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I Have to Change My Password!!!........
« on: October 08, 2002, 06:25:49 PM »
Do I change my password by just deleting the 'stars' in the boxes on my profile and typing in the new password in both boxes?  I'm afraid to 'experiment' with it because I have this vision of deleting myself from the forum altogether and not being able to get back on :-[

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: I Have to Change My Password!!!........
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 07:28:01 PM »
Do I change my password by just deleting the 'stars' in the boxes on my profile and typing in the new password in both boxes?

Yes.

The only change that sets off a chain of events is changing your email address, but all it does is email you out a new password.  That's why the system must have a valid email address.  AOL.com, rr.com, netscape.com and cs.com still don't let dsboards mail through most if not all of the time, so if anyone finds themself unable to log back onto the forum for this or any reason, please don't hesitate to email <Midnite@dsboards.com> or <MysteriousB@dsboards.com>.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: I Have to Change My Password!!!........
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 08:51:17 PM »
THANK YOU!!!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas