Author Topic: Dark Shadows Audio Drama Nominated For Rondo Award  (Read 911 times)

David

Dark Shadows Audio Drama Nominated For Rondo Award
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
Dark Shadows: The Night Whispers, the Big Finish audio drama starring Jonathan Frid, John Karlen & Barbara Steele, has been nominated for a Rondo Award in the Best Soundtrack or Horror CD category.

The Rondo Awards are an annual recognition of the best in horror entertainment.
Voting is open to the public here:
www.RondoAward.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Audio Drama Nominated For Rondo Award
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Thanks, David!

Also nominated is this cool magazine cover for issue #1 of Latarnia: Fantastique International, which I'm going to have to pick up for its cover article...

http://www.latarnia.com/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:44:29 PM »
"The Many Faces of Barbara Steele" - sound like a great must-have article.  [snow_wink]

David

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
Babs is cool! Love her Italian chillers--when a classic horror star like her was cast in the 91 DS, it was the icing on the cake for me!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 04:31:27 AM »
Very exciting; I just ordered the mag.  Not only does the article on Steele sound intriguing, but I have over the years seen very few writers take on the underground Sixties German classic horror film "The Snake-pit and the Pendulum," aka "The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism." 

Thanks for the link!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »
I received my copy of the magazine today.  The painting of Barbara Steele on the cover looks rather nicer than the scan of it would suggest, I thought.  The article about her consists of a page and a half of screen captures from two recent DVD film releases, An Angel for Satan (1966) and The Maniacs (1964); the latter is particularly interesting because it was a non-horror film and features Barbara in two comedic roles (the movie was in the popular anthology format we enjoyed so much in the 1960s). 

The feature on the Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism was beautifully done, and there were articles on Paul Naschy's last werewolf movie, and one of the actors from an early Naschy film, Werewolf Shadow.

G.