Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1154_1155  (Read 870 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1154_1155
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »
Robservations #1154_1155

And remember:
Friday, February 18: No Episode, originally preempted on Friday, November 27, 1970 for basketball

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1154_1155
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 01:07:25 PM »
Bye bye, Randall.  I was thinking today that he was probably the youngest of the three siblings.  He face looked sort of babyish, and he still believed that he could right wrongs.

And hello, Mordecai!  Interesting accent he's got.  The voiceover said the people of Collinsport have decided that Trask is right and Quentin is practicing witchcraft, and here we have an example of the suspicious townspeople.  Funny, we never heard much about Quentin as a farmer before, but here he is, agitating to buy Mordecai's land.  It's sort of like Tony Peterson bursting into Collinwood about a lawsuit by a cannery employee that we had never heard about before.

I'll bet Gabriel in his wheelchair could beat the all runners in the Boston Marathon, but he made Mordecai push him.  That was a beautiful sight.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
I loved the wheelchair-pushing too! Most hilarious exchange ever:

Gabriel: Are we doing things again?

Mordecai: You know.

Gabriel: No, I don’t. As far as I know, you are giving us trouble. Your cows broke through the fence on the south forty yesterday.

Mordecai: They’re all dead now.

Gabriel: Well, that’s a very drastic punishment, isn’t it? But you’ve always been a stern disciplinarian, haven’t you?

This episode also features the mystery of Edith's mysterious disappearing and reappearing shawl. Her line to Gerard, "Be nice to me," is pretty good too--it's loaded with unspoken context.

Too bad that's the end of Randall--although [spoiler]he might have made the prosecution's case even stronger.[/spoiler] But who knew that Collinsport had a parks department?

Funny, I figured Randall was the oldest of the Drew sibs, but maybe that was because he had a profession. I always thought Roxanne must be the youngest, given her relative inexperience (especially with wildly romantic vampires) and Samantha's protective attitude toward her. But now I think Sam is almost certainly the oldest, since she has a preteenage son, with Randall next. And now she's an only child....

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
I just realized that my last post might contain what would be a spoiler for some people. Apologies--it was totally inadvertent, and I'll try not to let it happen again. This is far from my first trip down the DS storyline....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
Lucky for Quentin that Randall got croaked. He was against the idea of witchery in the beginning, but once he heard about the dead cows and that the locals are suspicious of Quentin Collins, he does a complete turn around. Go figure.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:26 AM »
Hi Thayer!   I too made note of "Are we doing things again?" from Gabriel but managed to miss the good line about Mordecai being a stern disciplinarian.   I didn't remember Randall dying so soon.   I liked him.   Well, that wasn't a long-term chronic strangling, was it?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor