Author Topic: Anita Bolster Sighting  (Read 735 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Anita Bolster Sighting
« on: October 04, 2002, 05:39:00 PM »
So last night before I fell asleep in front of the TV from exhaustion because of the horrors that my evil, evil professors are putting me through, I was watching TCM and they were airing The Woman in White and while watching Gig Young trying to portray an English drawing master and looking very, very uncomfortable in period dress, I noticed that none other than Anita Bolster(Bathia Mapes), an actress near and dear to Bob the Bartender's heart ;) was in the movie.  She had a small role as the sinister housekeeper who was helping Sydney Greenstreet and John Emery torment Eleanor Parker and Alexis Smith.  Great fun.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Anita Bolster Sighting
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 10:44:17 PM »
Thanks for the information, Luciaphil.  As a matter of fact, I taped that movie last night; now I'm eager to watch it.

ProfStokes

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 02:46:16 AM »
Dear Luciaphil,

Now, for that, I'd change the channel from Pamela Anderson on "Viper" or from Brooke Burke on "Wild In Acadia National Park."

The divine Ms. Bolster also has a prominent cameo in "The Portrait of Dorian Gray," a frequent flick on either TCM or AMC.

Bob the Bartender

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 03:23:01 AM »
Hey, Bob--I have DORIAN GRAY (the old MGM version) on tape.  Where does Anita Bolster appear?

Brian

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 10:54:53 PM »
Now I wish I had taped that ("The Woman in White") a second time -- the one I taped before is at my parents'.  Anyway, I only caught a glimpse of it here and there during this airing.  Was Anita Bolster (=Bathia Mapes?) the one with the very dark brunette thick hair, worn somewhat similar to Agnes Moorhead's?  (And, incidentally, I think that's about my favorite performance of Miss Moorhead!).  Coincidentally, I just commented on this movie in the Victoria Winters Parent thread.

I, too, would be curious to find out whom Anita Bolster played in "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

It's funny, I think of both of those pictures in somewhat similar terms.  Both start off rather woodenly and not too interestingly, IMO, but pick up speed after QUITE a while and prove to be well worth one's patience.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995