Author Topic: And sometimes they get the details right!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
And sometimes they get the details right!
« on: October 04, 2002, 09:56:26 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised today to notice that they had faint scratch marks on Carolyn's cheek.  I wouldn't have even thought of it if it hadn't been there, but seeing it really surprised me that they remembered to do it.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: And sometimes they get the details right!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 10:13:11 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised today to notice that they had faint scratch marks on Carolyn's cheek.  I wouldn't have even thought of it if it hadn't been there, but seeing it really surprised me that they remembered to do it.

Josette, you think exactly as I do!! I was really suprised to see that and thought to myself they finally did something right with consistancy on the show.

Another think I noticed is that Barnabas had a bandage wrapped around his hand. Was this because of the scuffle he had with the werewolf?  
"Calamity Jane"

Nancy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 02:53:27 PM »
Another think I noticed is that Barnabas had a bandage wrapped around his hand. Was this because of the scuffle he had with the werewolf?

Frid cut his hand in the exchange  and had to have a stitch or two to close the wound.  They didn't have much time to even rehearse fight scenes or scuffles.

Nancy

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 06:17:47 PM »

I noticed that too, Josette!  It was a very nice touch; the scars looked faint enough to be real, and I think they actually managed to place them on the correct cheek, too.  This attention to continuity is, as we all know, not a frequent occurrence on the show.  Is this an understatement or what?  ;D

The same can't be said for Chris's recent metamorphosis from man to werewolf where his pants mysteriously change from khaki-colored to black ones!  (Thanks, GingerCat, for alerting me to this.)  My theory is that Chris had to change into his werewolf pants - all the better to hide those pesky blood stains!  
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2002, 07:18:52 PM »
?!? According to all the old werewolf movies I have seen, if Barnabus was bitten or even Scratched wouldn't he now be an ex vampire turned werewolf?? Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2002, 10:29:39 PM »

I noticed that too. I was also impressed with the fact that they mentioned Mattew Morgan after all of these years. I would expect them to merely say "The caretaker's cottage" rather than bring up a character who hasn't been on the show in years, but not only do they refer to him, there was even a little exchange between Amy and David when she asks him who Matthew was. Nice touch.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 10:39:16 PM »
Frid cut his hand in the exchange  and had to have a stitch or two to close the wound.  They didn't have much time to even rehearse fight scenes or scuffles.

Thanks Nancy.  I wasn't too sure if the bandaged hand was due to the scuffle with Chris/werewolf,  or if the actor had hurt himself in real life.  I was so suprised to see this because as we all know, consistency isn't one of DS biggest traits.     :-)

"Calamity Jane"

Nancy

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2002, 11:44:03 PM »
Cassandra,

IIRC, I was told that the cut was incurred during the shooting of the scene.  That did not surprise me as there are one or two pointed "teeth" in the mouth of the wolfhead and they are very sharp.  It would be very easy to get cut on the edges of the cane's "mouth."

Nancy

Thanks Nancy.  I wasn't too sure if the bandaged hand was due to the scuffle with Chris/werewolf,  or if the actor had hurt himself in real life.  I was so suprised to see this because as we all know, consistency isn't one of DS biggest traits.     :-)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2002, 11:44:05 PM »
I noticed the claw marks on Carolyn's face, and I too was very surprised and please that they did that.  
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2002, 12:00:46 AM »
I'm not usually good at the details, but I noticed the day Barney attacked Wolfie in the crypt that his cane was NOT the dog head. I expected it to be and was surprised that it wasn't the one I remembered. Then, the next day, there is the dog head one!

And if silver bothers vampires, how did Barney  ever get so attached to his silver headed walking stick?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2002, 07:06:43 AM »
?!? Good question about Barnabus and the silver headed cane.  I'm still waiting for Carolyn and Barnabus to go werewolf now that they both have been scratched by Chris.  Isn't that the way it workd?  That's what they did in the old movies, bitten, die, and then turn to wolf???
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2002, 09:04:39 AM »
You'll be waiting a while, Afan! As you probably heard Julia say today, in the book she's reading it is only after being bitten. Which makes as much sense as anything else, I guess. Nasty infection from scratches, werewolfism from bites!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2002, 10:45:39 PM »
I like the way it's so easy to cleanup after mauling someone to death -- just whip off the bloody shirt and whip on a new one -- no mess, no fuss!

I did think it was kind of icky the way Barnabas so nonchalantly rolled up that bloody shirt and carried it around without putting it into a bag or something.  But I guess he's not bothered by blood ...
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995