Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1148  (Read 943 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1148
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:58:21 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1148
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:06:22 AM »
I like Barnabas and his utter outrage at Laszlo.   Barnabas is too much of a detached private eye now that his 1970 self has popped in, and we really need to see that he cares about something for real, Julia in this case.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:46 AM »
I like Barnabas and his utter outrage at Laszlo.   Barnabas is too much of a detached private eye now that his 1970 self has popped in, and we really need to see that he cares about something for real, Julia in this case.   

Wasn't that scene awesome? He spies Julia's ring, grabs Lazlo and next scene he's rescuing Julia.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Yes, I suppose it was nice to see Barnabas swooping down like an avenging angel on Laszlo, but it kept bugging me that, from apparently close by, he hadn't heard Laszlo calling, "Angelique?"  I preferred the scene with Gabriel in the drawing room in which Barnabas was practically in tears over his concern for Julia.

The other thing that's been bugging me is that Julia isn't pining for Roxanne the way she pined for the last vampire who bit her, but I decided today that Angelique shut down Roxanne's power so that Julia wouldn't get any of the fun of being a vampire victim, only the horror.  Incidentally, now that Barnabas has found Julia, how does he propose to save her?  Julia can instruct Barnabas on how to give her a blood transfusion, but if she's Type O negative (as she surely must have been in order to give a transfusion to Roxanne safely when Roxanne was in similar straits), then he's going to have trouble finding a suitable donor.  And there's no way she's going to tell him where Roxanne's coffin is, even if she knows, which is unlikely.

OK.  So Daphne didn't leave the letters from Joanna for Quentin.  I had forgotten this.  But what did Daphne leave on the foyer table that time when she snuck into Collinwood before she became governess?  I could have sworn it was the first Joanna letter.

I keep being surprised that Quentin couldn't get a divorce from Samantha.  In the 1840s, couldn't a husband get just about anything he wanted?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
Quentin's divorce: In the Collinwood universe, maybe divorce laws were different. I'm just as puzzled as you are, Lydia, because Q. could probably prove that Samantha had committed bigamy at least, if not outright adultery.

It was nice to see Barn so utterly bewildered at not finding Julia--although of course he will never admit to us, let alone to himself, why he feels that way. As for transfusing her, maybe Barnabas will simply give her the Collins Universal Restorative--a brandy.

The scene with Barn and Laszlo was fantastic!

And somehow Quentin's realization that Daphne is "the sister of Joanna Mills" has resulted in her suddenly wearing a new dress and a different hairstyle!  [snow_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
P.S. Somehow, when Barn surprises Laszlo at the Old House, Laszlo forgets that he's already met Barnabas at Collinwood, back when Angelique sent him (L.) to see if Barnabas was there. But still a great scene!