Author Topic: List: Top 10 Horror Movies that need a DVD release  (Read 835 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
List: Top 10 Horror Movies that need a DVD release
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:04 AM »
This person believes hoDS and NoDS are among the Top 10 Horror Movies that need a DVD release. Many of us would agree.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: List: Top 10 Horror Movies that need a DVD release
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:22 AM »
Somebody should let the guy know that you can watch the Rosemary's Baby sequel for free on Youtube now--at least, I watched there a couple of months ago.  Even though it had been described in a number of online reviews as unwatchably bad, I found it to be good campy Seventies fun.  And you get Tina Louise as the Madam of an upscale Bordello, earnestly chewing the scenery for all it's worth.  The funniest part involves this actress named Donna Mills (I hope I am remembering that correctly) who I think became an icon on Seventies and Eighties trash television.  Ray Milland and Ruth Gordon wound up doing parodies of the roles played by Gordon and Stanley Blackmer in the original film.

There are some truly classic horror films that desperately DO need to be released in restored versions on DVD--front and center in my book, apart from the two DS features, is Blood and Roses, the Roger Vadim film from 1960.

Schlock like the Bates Motel thing--does anyone really care??

G.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »
DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW has been out on DVD for months...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:15:37 PM »
Well, then I'm guessing he hasn't been paying attention.  :-\  But then, all we really care about is that both DS films are among his choices.  [wink2]

As for Look What's Happened To Rosemary's Baby, I remember seeing it back in the day and being really disappointed with it - and at the time I hadn't even seen Rosemary's Baby yet. It would be interesting to see the sequel again now that I have. And as a side note, Donna Mills may have done some '70s and '80s trash television, but she was also on what was perhaps the classiest nighttime soap of all time, Knots Landing.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:52:10 AM »
I would have expected The Dark Secret of Harvest Home or Crowhaven Farm to be on this list too.

ProfStokes

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:55:43 AM »
Those are great suggestions, Prof Stokes.  There are a number of 1970s TV movies I would like to see get a proper DVD release.  One that's really crying out for restoration is The Dark Secret of Harvest Home, but there are many others out there...

G.