Author Topic: Ron Barry Interview  (Read 871 times)

Offline Trask

• Dark Shadows will outlive us all!
    • View Profile
Ron Barry Interview
« on: September 30, 2002, 01:18:29 AM »
Hello, posters all!

You are not familiar with me as I am officially "new" (you have been delighting me with this board for nearly 3 years in many of its various rebirths), but I feel as if I know many of your "DS" thoughts and personalities via your messages! I don't post much, I know, but I'll try to pipe up then and again in the future.

Anyway, about 6 (maybe 7???) weeks ago I downloaded a spritely 1968 interview with Ron Barry and some of the DS cast members (Grayson Hall, Humbert Astredo, Robert Rodan, Roger Davis, Jonathan Frid, ect.). I really enjoyed listening to this "flashback" (if you will), but when I upgraded my computer, this particular media file got lost in traffic. I do not remember who the author of the post was, as I should have, but I do remember being grateful for the time and effort that must have been required to capture and share this broadcast interview; needless to say, not only did I lose it, but I could not again find the correct thread! Aaaagh!

If someone could be so kind as to re-direct me to the appropriate posting so that I might "live" again (just kidding), I would certainly be in your debt, as I enjoy little escapes like this, silly though they may seem.

Thanking you in advance!

Cordially yours,

Trask  :) ;) :D

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Barry Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 01:57:12 AM »
Welcome, Trask!  Nice to see that you've stepped away from the wall and joined the discussion.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the topic you mentioned.  However, if you contact Bobubas, I'm sure he could give you more information.  He even has a CD available with various Ron Barry interviews.  You might consider looking into that.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 03:54:43 AM »
Hiya, Trask!

You'll find that post here, under Reply #26:

http://www.dsboards.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1030318534;start=26

The problem is that the link to the mp3 doesn't seem to be working, even using IE, or at least it didn't just now.  But perhaps the webpage is only down temporarily.

There's also a hard copy of that 1968 interview in the Members' Archives, but for the Gateway to appear you'll need to keep on posting.

Hope you'll continue to read and post!

Offline Trask

• Dark Shadows will outlive us all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 04:59:50 AM »
Thank-you, Professor, and thank-you, Midnite, for the tips. I think I am out of luck for now, however. I will be more careful next time with my data!

Trask

(slowly heading back to the wall)
:'(

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 04:27:30 AM »
Trask,

That Ron Barry interview you mentioned is featured on the Varese Sarabande cd reissue of the 1969 DS soundtrack. It's a bonus track along with one from David Selby from 1969.