Author Topic: laura and julia  (Read 781 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
laura and julia
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
whenever the laura collins storyline comes up i always think it's something of a shame it happened before grayson hall joined the cast as dr.julia hoffman.

grayson and diana millay are the queens of the DS showdown and confrontations between the two would have been electrifying. true they got to work together during the 1897 storyline and scenes with laura and magda were fun but having the good doctor go head to head with mrs.roger collins would have been out of sight!

in terms of acting style they're on the same wavelength and would have been perfectly matched.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: laura and julia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
One of my all time favorite scenes in DS is when Magda is cleaning the cottage for Laura and Laura abruptly asks for a Tarot card reading.  The way the two play that scene is simply priceless.  It truly doesn't get better than this on DS--or anywhere for that matter.

I always find myself wondering whether Grayson had a card-sharp streak from how deftly she handles those cards.  Must've been what she learned at the knee of one of Daddy's Atlantic City showgirl buddies...

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
i recall the scene vividly.

doesn't the "death" card keep coming up and magda does this tongue role that's just genius. brilliant!

that said dr. peter guthrie did make a nice foil for laura. i just think julia would have been great fun.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
I always find myself wondering whether Grayson had a card-sharp streak from how deftly she handles those cards.  Must've been what she learned at the knee of one of Daddy's Atlantic City showgirl buddies...

Daddy was a gambler amongst many other things,  his idea of "weekend" time with his only child probably involved hours in a card parlor.
Julia99