Author Topic: Lime shoes anytime?  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Lime shoes anytime?
« on: September 19, 2002, 09:10:22 AM »
Well since we're cutting Vicki's tan shoes. . what was with Amy's lime green ones. . they didn't match her little jumper really. .  :)
Julia99

Connie

Re: Lime shoes anytime?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 10:01:52 AM »
What's with all the lime green on the show PERIOD!!
It's enough to make you [puke]

And various related shades of that green are always showing up in other time periods i.e., Julia's awful green suit, and that green dress Angelique's always wearing in 1897.  I don't ever remember seeing a nice shade of green on that show -- just ugly ones.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 01:03:30 PM »
... Angelique's always wearing in 1897.  I don't ever remember seeing a nice shade of green on that show -- just ugly ones.

I kinda liked that dress...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 03:51:51 PM »
And wasn't those LIME green shoe (ya know, the one Amy's was sporting) were just ugly.  But, here's something.....Maggie was making a note (probably her unmentionable..sp..) for Joe to take to town and get a few things for her, anyway, she had on WHITE shoe.  Maggie, Maggie, you know better than this.  So with Maggie wearing WHITE shoes and Amy sporting them LIME green one, Joe was more then happy to go off to meet my fate just so I wouldn't have to take this ugly shoes and the wrong shoes.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 04:16:35 PM »
So with Maggie wearing WHITE shoes and Amy sporting them LIME green one, Joe was more then happy to go off to meet my fate just so I wouldn't have to take this ugly shoes and the wrong shoes.

Some people would have been better off being born without feet.

n
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 04:43:07 PM »
Come on people!  I can't believe, that no one out there has a memory of  the "LIME GREEN([puke]) FASHION BLOWOUT SALE!!"  ORBACH'S had back in OCT. of 1967!!! [spidr]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 04:52:12 PM »
    At the time, I was about Amy's age.  We shopped at Ohrbachs for our Easter dresses.  One year, I bought a bright yellow dress similar to the one Liz wears(paisley with green and purple).  My dress was bright yellow with red and orange.  I was forced to wear unbearable itchy yellow  fishnet leotards(heavier than pantyhose) and bright yellow shoes.  I still have nightmares!
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Connie

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 05:12:25 PM »
I kinda liked that dress...

UGH!!  No wonder Quentin doesn't look too happy.
She looks like a bowl of split pea soup.

-CLC

Actually, the color might not look that bad on someone with dark hair, but with HER skin tone and hair color, it looks horrible IMHO.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 05:46:22 PM »
Actually, the color might not look that bad on someone with dark hair, but with HER skin tone and hair color, it looks horrible IMHO.

The dress would have been fine if it had been one of at least five, but it's yet another outfit that the actress wore for weeks on end (I thought the bib dress was worse).

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2002, 07:02:32 PM »

I didn't really pay attention to the shoes, but I liked the jumper and blouse, Amy had on. It brought back a flashback to those days. I wore those kind of jumpers and blouses at the time too.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2002, 07:51:34 PM »
UGH!!  No wonder Quentin doesn't look too happy.
She looks like a bowl of split pea soup.

So right Connie from THe Color Me Beautiful Book(my sister's bible) the color is a nono! does look better on someone with dark hair!She looks great in blues!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2002, 07:56:33 PM »
The dress would have been fine if it had been one of at least five, but it's yet another outfit that the actress wore for weeks on end (I thought the bib dress was worse).

I think Angelique only had two dresses for the entire 1897 storyline. Even if you at first did not like the dress on her, you did by the end of 1897...Besides there was too many other things going on to worry about the costumes.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2002, 08:35:55 PM »
    At the time, I was about Amy's age.  We shopped at Ohrbachs for our Easter dresses.  One year, I bought a bright yellow dress similar to the one Liz wears(paisley with green and purple).  My dress was bright yellow with red and orange.  I was forced to wear unbearable itchy yellow  fishnet leotards(heavier than pantyhose) and bright yellow shoes.  I still have nightmares!

Gee, I LOVED my fishnets! (Mine didn't itch though!) Especially when I finally got my pair of white gogo boots. Of course, they were out of style by the time I finally got them.

I think my Mom liked the fishnets for me as a transition from little girl socks to hose. One thing I did NOT like was the 3" indention from the garter belt thingamabob into my thigh. Ewwww, sitting on hard wood seats in school with those things was murder! I just have never been able to see garter belts as sexy....more like a torture device and I'm SO not into pain!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2002, 08:44:20 PM »
    You were so lucky to get white go-go boots, kuanyin.  I wanted a pair so much but my mom always said no yet she bought me those hideous yellow mary-janes that I only wore once at Easter.  Thankfully, they were given to the Salvation Army which is probably where Amy's green ones went.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2002, 09:05:20 PM »
I think Angelique only had two dresses for the entire 1897 storyline. Even if you at first did not like the dress on her, you did by the end of 1897...

Angelique wore a bronze-y dress with off-white lace and chocolate brown trims for her midnite, er, midnight appearance in 1897.  She looked fabulous in it, but unfortunately doesn't wear it again.

Besides there was too many other things going on to worry about the costumes.

Perish the thought! :D