Author Topic: Humorous moments in 1795  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Humorous moments in 1795
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
I was watching more of 1795 last night and I was laughing at Natalie talking about how awful the food was and that Mrs. Collins cook wouldn't use wine in cooking because of their religous beliefs!  "CURIOUS PEOPLE!" she shrugged! LOL

I love those remarks too. And, of course, the absurdity of all that is that the alcohol in the wine evaporates during the cooking process. But apparently they didn't know (or didn't believe) that back in the 18th century.  [santa_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
Maybe the cook breathes it in....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 05:10:14 PM »
One of my favorite lines from the Countess was just a part of the Quotes Slideshow:

1795: Ep #379 - Natalie: 'Think of me as a giant child.'

Though I don't quite know which is more humorous, the line or the outfit she's wearing when she delivers it. I've mentioned this before, but it looks to me like she dragging the comforter from her bed around with her:

[santa_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »
LMAO! I watched that "Think of me as a giant child" ep last night.  Natalie and Grayson always have me laughing!   [8_2_59] I can totally identify with the whole religious thing with drinking and/or cooking with wine because I was raised that way.  I can totally identify with the absurdity of not using alcohol in cooking.

I also love when Natalie tells Trask that she will basically work out her religion in her own way after he sees the Tarot cards.  She doesn't say it exactly like the Bible verse but there is one that says to "work out your one salvation..." so I naturally wondered if some of the writers had heard this verse growing up.  I definitely used that verse myself with people who have attacked me for not subscribing to religious dogma.  It shuts them up quickly. I don't want to get thread off point just though I would add that.

Another one I wrote down for this thread is a line from Ben when he and Angelique are trying to figure out what to turn Joshua into.  I think Ben is hysterical sometimes and Thayer I think played this very tongue in cheek. 

"A jackass.  A jackass that's what I'd make him.  Work that jackass hard!  Clear the rocks out of the north field that jackass and me!" LMAO! So so funny....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 02:51:32 AM »
Joshua and Angelique's whole exchange when [spoiler]he attempts to try and bribe her out of marrying Barnabas.

After Millicent and Nathan's wedding and they're all back in the house, Naomi tells him it's customary to toast the married couple. Joshua agrees, but does nothing to offer the toast. [/spoiler]

Joshua's pompousness was hilarious.

But the funniest moment in 1795 that had me ROFLMAO was when [spoiler] Trask is talking with Nathan in his room and Barnabas' voice starts talking to Trask. Trask keeps babbling on about how he is going to fight the powers of darkness and Nathan, who hears nothing, looks at him like he's nuts. [/spoiler]

There are a bit more, but these are the ones that had me laughing the most.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
I love when Ben says something to the effect of it's not good when you hear voices in the cemetery. I will have to look for the actual quote.  I just find it really hysterical and especially the way the line is delivered!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »
[spoiler]After Millicent and Nathan's wedding and they're all back in the house, Naomi tells him it's customary to toast the married couple. Joshua agrees, but does nothing to offer the toast. [/spoiler]

Joshua's pompousness was hilarious.

OMG yes - that is hilarious.  [lghy]

And a moment I've just remembered and one which I've posted about before is this from Ep #366:

[spoiler]
I had to post this capture because I think that, dramatic though it may be, it's one of the most unintentionally hilariously absurd moments on DS. Yes, the new governess has fainted - let's just stand here looking at her down on the floor!  ::)  ;D

And here's the capture:

[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 04:58:14 AM »
Excellent screencap! HA!  [8_2_74]