Author Topic: A Fan New To DS Discovers NoDS  (Read 928 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A Fan New To DS Discovers NoDS
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:24:50 AM »
A new DS fan who has been posting various observations about the show on his blog has discovered NoDS and loved it: Night of Dark Shadows: Creepy, Moody Horror . It's good to see the legion of NoDS fans is ever growing. And he also quotes one of my favorite moments in the film - a moment that recently came up in Movies Slideshow topic:

NoDS: Scene #153 - Carlotta: 'Did you ever stop to think that
perhaps you don't belong here?'

The post also includes a YouTube compilation of several trailers from both movies, including my least favorite hoDS trailer (the first hoDS trailer in the video - it gives away nearly every major plot point in the film ::)) (let's hope the trailers for the Depp/DS film won't ruin everything before we even see the film), and one of my favorite NoDS trailers (the first NoDS trailer) with my favorite tag line "Death kept their love alive."

I've also been meaning to post a link to this extremely well put together YouTube video, which is basically a compilation of many of the major moments from NoDS set to the song Witchcraft. And this topic is as good a time as any. So: Night of Dark Shadows - "Witchcraft"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: A Fan New To DS Discovers NoDS
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
That was very interesting to read.  And he quoted a Grayson line from one of my own favorite scenes in the film!

Perhaps watching NoDS will lead this writer into exploring a more sophisticated variety of fiction.

Funny how he thinks of Quentin as the "writer" in the film.  Of course, we all know that Alex and Claire were the writers.  Self-identification, anyone?

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
I didn't even think of his mistake that way - but you might be on to something.  [wink2]  I'm just gald that more and people are coming to the realization that NoDS is the better film of the two...

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 04:23:03 AM »
MB I 100% agree with that. The first film is just too much... of everything! Even on the most simplistic color-pallet level... Too much red.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."