Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1107  (Read 954 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1107
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1107
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »
We still don't know if Sebastian could have killed Roxanne, but apparently Gerard believed he could have.  So do Sebastian and Barnabas, but there is no proof until Sebastian actually does the deed.  If he can do it, that will be a new Dark Shadows wrinkle: romantic love trumps the power of a vampire.  This would quite revolutionary and would make no sense whatsoever, but I do not require Dark Shadows to make sense, and Chris Pennock could make me believe it - except that Sebastian was stopped from destroying Roxanne, so I don't have to believe it.

Just about everybody except for Barnabas, Julia, and Willie has been possessed or victimized.  It's sort of like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  (Those of you who have actually seen the movie may wish to correct me on that.)  Once upon a time during 1968 (in the Watching Project discussion for episode 525, to be exact), I imagined all the Collinwood residents being possessed by 1795 folk, and now we've got them all taken over by 1840 folk.  It's a good thing the 1795 people cleared out; we wouldn't want to have a civil war going on inside people's heads.  (The Battle of Gettysburg inside Liz's head...not a pretty sight.)

Julia's been wearing the same scarf (and I've been enjoying the sight) for several episodes, and today she turned it into a shawl of sorts, putting it around her shoulders.  It seemed shorter that way - or did she have it folded in a way that I didn't see?  Meanwhile, I've suddenly started wondering if the scarf was a calculated move on the part of the directors to emphasize that very little time has passed during these episodes.  But I believe this is the second day in a row in the Dark Shadows universe that Julia has worn this scarf, so apparently she hasn't had time to rush back to her room and change into some clean underwear, poor thing.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »
Why did Gerard, of all ex-people, stop Sebastian from staking Roxanne?   I guess Gerard didn't actually do anything but to distract Sebastian and redirect his murderous fury onto Gerard himself (Now that's writin'!   Pulitzer here I come!), but why does Gerard care at all?   I sense a shell game here.

I hate it when they go on and on about how people need to be gotten out of Collinwood immediately to save their lives, and then they all hang around forever making slow, careful elaborate arrangements to leave, and get struck down.  (As happened to Q and Daphne.)   Actually, I hate it more when characters spaz out about the danger, are painfully slow to get the f out, and then get away with it, and aren't struck down.   I hate it when my TV cries wolf...  and proves Darwin wrong!

At the graveyard, Quentin and Gerard are suddenly the same height!  And later, not.   First mentions of Samantha and Flora, possibly mention #2 of Gabriel.

I'm so glad Liz never had a chance to find out that Quentin has been... buried alive!   It's frustrating when you find out someone's stealing your act.   I presume no one went and told her, wherever she's holed up.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:40:51 AM »
LOL Magnus about Liz being made at Quentin stealing her shtick! HEH!

9/22/70
I too wonder why Gerard cares about Roxanne!  My only thought is that he would like for her to be released so that she could wreak havoc and distract everyone else?  That's all I can think of.

It was cool to see Barnabas and Julia enter from the other side of Josette’s room. 

What in the world is Carolyn doing?  I wonder where in the world Liz is?  Why does the tree have a red tie around it?

Quentin what are you doing?  That coffin isn't buried deep enough, he could have easily gotten out. This is all very reminiscent of when Jeb buried Quentin.  This is too repetitive.  Couldn't Gerard have suspended Quentin above a bunch of gators or something?

Break it down Barnabas with the singing! 

“I remember the night we danced and sang together!” Carolyn/Leticia

Seven people in an episode is very rare!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »
This is all very reminiscent of when Jeb buried Quentin.  This is too repetitive.  Couldn't Gerard have suspended Quentin above a bunch of gators or something?

LOL
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor