Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1105  (Read 1201 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1105
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1105
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:07:53 PM »
What a perfect Friday cliffhanger!  Who is the vampire whose identity has upset Julia?  I say it's Dave Woodard.  Whoever it is, that's a very elegant coffin, and one that I don't think we ever saw before episode 1103.  Come to think of it, I can't see Dave Woodard in that coffin.  Dave was too much a man of the people to have a fancy coffin like that.

As Julia gave Maggie the blood, I wondered if Barnabas was tempted to take a swig from the bottle.  Probably not.  It would be like eating store brand mayonnaise when you could eat Mrs. Johnson's fresh mayonnaise anytime you wanted.

John Karlen must have been having a blast today, with Willie throwing fits over Daphne, Maggie, Mrs. Johnson, Carolyn, and anything else that crossed his mind.  I sure had a blast watching him.  There's a lot of languidness in this storyline, but Karlen put some electricity into it.  And so did Nancy Barrett, shrieking "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"  Her handling of the cookie - a sugar cookie, I think - reminded me of the grapes that Carolyn ate at Stokes's house in 1995.  I don't think she ate any of the cookie today, though.  She took a bite out at one point, but the camera immediately turned away from her to Julia, so I say Barrett spit it out when the camera wasn't looking.

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
As Julia gave Maggie the blood, I wondered if Barnabas was tempted to take a swig from the bottle.  Probably not.  

I've always wondered where Barn was getting his blood at this point. Unless I've missed something--which is totally possible...lol---he hasn't bitten anyone since PT. Is he preying on livestock again? Hunting wildlife  ala the Twilight vamps? Or is Julia using her doctor credentials to keep him supplied in bagged blood?

I've always enjoyed John Karlen's performances as Willie. It's funny...when other actors, who shall remain nameless, start throwing fits, I'm always thinking, 'calm down.' But with Willie, it's kind of endearing. I wish he had been involved in DS more.

"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
Barnabas is never seen biting anyone ever again on DS after PT (not counting an 1840 plot point- this is chronological Barnabas).

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »
Carolyn eats a cookie creepily.   I too thought of the grapes, but couldn't remember that they'd been grapes...   I knew she'd eaten creepily before.

Carolyn hits Willie's ultimate tender area, shouting at him about how stupid he is.   It seems like a moment that had to come, Willie being confronted directly about this in the bluntest possible manner.   Maybe Willie had been afraid of a moment like this all his life.   You could tell from his face that it did much more than just hit a nerve.   Good for Willie, keeping his head and self-control, staying on track, and getting some information out of her.   He's flipped out over less, before.   And I'm very glad that Willie figured out the riddle.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
9/8/70

Hadn't heard this bit of mmusic in a while or it's a different version one.  I like when they use music that isn't so overplayed!  Good job!

It looks as if the makeup artist has left a bit of eyelash glue on GH’s lid. I guess I would be the only person to notice this as eyelash glue can be tricky!

I love Julia's underhanded way of getting Carolyn to talk.   YAY!  It's good to see Willie back. I always enjoy seeing JK interact with the cast. He is such a fine actor. 

The way he finds the tomb is sort of reminiscent of the way he finds Barnabas in HODS—a little inspiration perhaps?
I like the coffin very much. It's nice to see a different style of coffin on DS! 

Poor Willie has to always kill the vamps. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. I loved the acting on NB part as well with the cookie.  She is such a wonderful actress who can take something so little like a cookie and really make it take her acting up to a higher level.  Also great acting on JK part as well!

GREAT EPISODE!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »
Loved seeing Willie figure out how to find the tomb. Sometimes his street smarts come in handy in very surprising ways.

And the cookie is a classic New York black-and-white!